Android, the real mobile platform

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
I have a DS. Never used it since I got my iPhone. And no, they are not fun and definately not good enough now that I'm spoiled with stuff like CivRev, HeavyMach2 and Sentinel2 on the iPhone.

3 woulda been about perfect. Home, Menu, Search are useful. the other 2 should go.

Gonna look at them now. And keep those tips coming :)

Meh, I guess that's personal, I tend to only game very casual on my phone, like 2-3 mins tops now and then, really don't need DS quality games for that :p

The Desireeeeeeeeeeeee has 5 hw buttons bottom? SGS has 3 anyways, perfect imho.

And if you haven't tried those two, you haven't tried much tbh, they are so popular, need to look further than searching Market :p They have all I need anyways, all the social sites, buttons to switch features, weather, clocks, etc :)

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Oh and for a really good calendar + widget: Jorte

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
And if you haven't tried those two, you haven't tried much tbh, they are so popular

yeah..... not so much on the Desiré....... The Beautiful Widgets are nice, but apart from the one-button-wifi/BT/silent/etc, the Desiré already has all of those by default. The other one is actually "stolen" from HTC. HTC delivers it by default as well. So no real need to download either of them.
Is there a better GMail app then the default one? For a google OS the GMail support kinda sucks. Can't even delete multiple EMails at once, have to select each separately :(

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
But it's not a phone.

What's the difference between a handheld game thingy that can make phonecalls and a highly advanced Unix-based computer that can make play games and make phonecalls?.......
In other words: Neither is an iPhone or an android based handheld.

Chirrad

Sep 29, 2009
Is there a better GMail app then the default one? For a google OS the GMail support kinda sucks. Can't even delete multiple EMails at once, have to select each separately :(

So simply clicking the check mark at the left of each message in the list and pressing delete doesn't work for you? Works fine on the default Gmail app on my nexus one!

Tyche

The Punisher
Dec 30, 2008
The Netherlands
So simply clicking the check mark at the left of each message in the list and pressing delete doesn't work for you? Works fine on the default Gmail app on my nexus one!

Works for me as well (on Desire), also an option to bunch up all mails per person, so you can delete a whole bunch of mails you got from the same person with just 1 click

Gombur

Guild Mascot
Sep 21, 2005
demotivational-posters-smartphones.jpg

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
And according to the reviews it's still a bit crappy.... Things like not being able to sign out, difficult to close the application, no voice chat on 3G..... Not really worth it yet.

Chirrad

Sep 29, 2009
Signing out is not impossible, but they've put it in a very non-intuitive place (switch to the third tab, My Info, then press Menu, then Sign Out). But the 3G comment - even Skype's own website says this is only in the US - voice over 3G is available everywhere else (though your mobile network may prevent this, or exclude it from your inclusive data usage).

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
Signing out is not impossible, but they've put it in a very non-intuitive place (switch to the third tab, My Info, then press Menu, then Sign Out).
apparently this action wipes your auto-login password though....... not very userfriendly?