The MM Alt and Social Raid Thread.

OP
M

Mog

Go ahead, do the xmog joke. I know you want to.
Jan 21, 2017
No worries, plan is to get going between 2030-2100 Server time, give people more time to get sorted after work etc.

OP
M

Mog

Jan 21, 2017
Updated Heroic Requirements based on observations from tonights run.

OP
M

Mog

Jan 21, 2017
Its about balance to be fair, the alt run has never been a boost group, we've got away with it in normal because Normal is easier than LFR.

What became apparent the other night was that some fights, have a dps requirement. We've not noticed in main raid as we were already on the point of outgearing it. Kingaroth for example, I've only seen 4 waves of adds our first week, we weren't looking at him being dead before a 5th. Eonar as well becomes problematic without decent burst. Same for Hasabel, Adds on High Command, only so much can be offset by the higher DPS alts.

What this doesn't mean is that people are arbitrarily banned, Each week when we start Heroic, All DPS, that the healers are capable of supporting will be allowed to come, Worldbreaker will be the bench mark against which i'll filter the raid for later fights. I will probably extend this to include Hounds as well. So nobody barred, everyone will get the opportunity each week to show they've improved and got themselves upto the required standard.

To Best Buddy, go to Wizie, oh wait, We don't have any Arcane Mages you can ask for advice.
Damn Witch's DH has done fine most runs she's come on.
Thermo would usually come as Heal, Scarce, I rarely say no to more healing, BM Hunters however, they get all whiny when I send them into Portals.

Wizie

Trinkets, yes. Pretty trinkets! Great power.
Nov 6, 2016
Arcane is easy, just follow these simple steps:

1. Turn off your dps meters
  2. Do the fight, don't die, and have fun
  3. After the fight turn dps meters back on
  4. Try not to cry
  5. Cry a lot

soulsin

Nov 4, 2017
Jokes aside Mog, I think I figured out what was happening with the pet at portal keeper. When a BM hunter uses a portal (or the jump at Eonar) the pet despawns and spawns next to the hunter with some miliseconds delay. Because the boss is close to the portal and also in range of kill command, if you try to kill command before the spawn/despawn thing happens, it trys to kill command from the platform, and it bugs. Science! :p

Zarrow

Jun 23, 2017
Helsinki
I might have some plans for tomorrow night (which is why I haven't signed yet), will let you know tomorrow if I'm available or not.

OP
M

Mog

Jan 21, 2017
Side Note: When we start Heroic next week, we will actually start with Aggramar\Argus on Normal, so as to not lose any trinket\upgrade items. We'll probably have to kill Worldbreaker to get to the shortcut, but thats not a huge deal.

Reactions: Anshrr

soulsin

Nov 4, 2017
Migraines and shoulderpains might very well be from the neck. Get yourself some paracetamol + orphenadrine if you can

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
An unpunctual friend I don't see much is visiting this evening, I may be online but I can't really raid as I'm going to have to drop everything at the ring of as doorbell. Sorry about that!

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Feel better Anshrr! And listen to Soulsin, he's a real life potion master.
Burn_the_Witch.jpg

OP
M

Mog

Jan 21, 2017
Provisional Lineup:

Tanks - Mog\Lumaa
Healers - Epeen\Tyche\Reinhawk(Later bosses only)
DPS - All signed, and anyone who isn't that might want to come along.

PS. That means you're DPS for first bosses Rein, not that I don't want you :)

Last edited:
OP
M

Mog

Jan 21, 2017
Continuation of Heroic again planned for Tues. 2030-2100ish start if we can get the bodies, we go from Imonar.

Galatea

Oct 28, 2005
See, I thought until the last minute when he told me otherwise about the unpunctual friend that B would attend to explain that I was (am) away this weekend visiting friends with my daughter in tow....

Since he wasn’t actually about, thought I’d actually say why I wasn’t there!

No doubt you did better without having a gala handicap on the team though ;)

Should be fine for Tuesday though, if you want me! Would understand if you’d rather keep the team that started HC ofc ;)

Whitepaw

Raider
Aug 13, 2012
But Gala Handicap is a thing now! It’s like a debuff and we wear it proudly!

”Yeah, we killed that shit - ofc we had Gala active, has to be a challenge!”

Just like if we had, say, some lunatic in a cat suit, eating boss abilities because he used to tank 10+ years ago :)