ZHC nerfed

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
As it should be, mages wont have to ponder whether to roll on the rare TOEP : :wink:

G

Well, ZHC has a cooldown of 120 seconds. If the duration of 20 seconds and the cooldown remain unchanged, and the damage starts at 200 and becomes 25 less after each spell (8 charges just like now), it's not even better than Draconic Infused Emblem. This drops from Drakki, has +100 dmg for 15 seconds, and has a cooldown of 75 seconds.

ZHC would give about +100 damage 1/6th of the time (and less if you use spells with a short casting time), and DIE +100 damage 1/5th of the time.

:?

A

Asmodean

Joyae said:
As it should be, mages wont have to ponder whether to roll on the rare TOEP : :wink:

/wink back :wink:

Well. ToEP is nice but it's only +175 for 15s with a 2m CD. That gives roughly +22dmg assuming you use it everytime it's up.
+1crit is around +11dmg for me when spamming frostbolts which makes ToEP not better than Eye of the Beast. That's why I pondered whether i should waste 75dkp or not :cry:

ToEP is nice for spells with a short casting time (Scorch ftw) so it's alot better for fireh mages. A talented Frostbolt has 2,5s casting time what gives you the possibility to use all 8 ZHC charges.

G

Asmodean said:
Well. ToEP is nice but it's only +175 for 15s with a 2m CD.

90 seconds actually. Exactly half the cooldown of Arcane Power, which is pretty nice.

Also, all the +x dmg for y seconds trinkets are nice if you have lots of time between mobs, because then you'll be spending a large portion of the cooldown out of combat.

N

noobies

This sucks so bad.
I been wanting it for months and thursday i finally got the heart from hakkar. I was really excited untill i heard about the nerf :cry:
But its still good for healing i guess :?

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
I hate the ZHC nerf, but I guess I should examine why they did it....

www.allakhazam.com lists the ToEP as a 3-5% drop (with a sample size of 30,000 kills, on average).

So, lets look at this statistically:

Some notation:
P(T) : the chance of you getting a ToEP this week
P(Dn) : the chance of n ToPEs dropping this week
P(T|Dn) : the chance of you getting a ToEP, if n ToPEs drop this week

The ToEP is a 4% drop off 4 mobs, thus it can drop 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4 times in one run.
P(D4) = (0C4)(0.04^4) = 0.0001125
P(D3) = (1C4)(0.96)(0.04^3) = 0.00024576
P(D2) = (2C4)(0.96^2)(0.04^2) = 0.00884736
P(D1) = (3C4)(0.96^3)(0.04) = 0.14155776
P(D0) = (4C4)(0.96^4) = 0.84934656

Now assuming a standard class balance (5 of each class), half the raid are casters that would make use of it. Thus, the chance of you getting one ToEP (not considering a DKP system) is dependant on how many drop:

P(T|D4) = (4)(0.05) = 0.20
P(T|D3) = (3)(0.05) = 0.15
P(T|D2) = (2)(0.05) = 0.10
P(T|D1) = 0.05
P(T|D0) = 0

So your chance of getting a ToEP this week is:

P(T)
= P(T|D0)*P(D0) + P(T|D1)*P(D1) + P(T|D2)*P(D2) + P(T|D3)*P(D3) + P(T|D4)*P(D4)
= (0) + (0.05)(0.14155776) + (0.10)(0.00884736) + (0.15)(0.00024576) + (0.20)(0.0001125)
= 0.008353764 or 0.84%

Where as, you get a 5% chance every 3 days for a ZHC, giving you an aproximate chance each week of 10%.

So yes, I would agree then, the ToEP is harder to get.

G

Joyae said:
Now assuming a standard class balance (5 of each class), half the raid are casters that would make use of it.

Interesting calculation but this statement is just bullshit. One quarter would be much more realistic (mages, locks, and the odd shadowpriest or balance drood).

This of course doubles the chance of getting a toep, making it a whopping 1.7% :p

N

noobies

Liandra said:
Joyae said:
Now assuming a standard class balance (5 of each class), half the raid are casters that would make use of it.

Interesting calculation but this statement is just bullshit. One quarter would be much more realistic (mages, locks, and the odd shadowpriest or balance drood).

This of course doubles the chance of getting a toep, making it a whopping 1.7% :p

Dont forget paladins :wink:

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Liandra said:
Joyae said:

Most raids let all casters roll, and if you'd let pallies roll (rofl), then you'd get to 25/40 on average even :eek:

G

Joyae said:
Most raids let all casters roll, and if you'd let pallies roll (rofl), then you'd get to 25/40 on average even :eek:

Noob raids. 8)

N

noobies

Joyae said:
Liandra said:
Joyae said:

First of all i would pass on it if any mage wants it. (not that i have a choice atm with -96dkp rofl)
But since i think almost all casters in my guild have it allready so if i would roll my chances will be like 1 out of 3 or so.
I think it would be nice together with ZHC and the new paladin pvp set with the great dmg/healing stats on the set combined with the trinckets will own in PVP. It will take JoC crits too another level :twisted: