WOTLK Alpha - Raid lineup theorycrafting

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Mostly cause I enjoy doing it, some early lineup optimizing, ofcourse this is one of several possible setups, and lots may change in the meantime, some specs might turn up better than expected, or worse than expected, some spec/classes might get better/worse raid synergy, and so on, but gotta start somewhere ;)

Group 1
========
Prot Warrior
Prot Warrior
Frost Deathknight
Resto Shaman
Holy Paladin

Group 2
========
BM Hunter
Survival Hunter
Destr. Warlock/Arcane? Mage
Affliction Warlock
Feral Druid/Resto shaman

Group 3
========
Arms warrior
Rogue
Blood Deathknight
Enh. Shaman
RET Paladin

Group 4
========
Disc Priest
Holy Priest
Resto Druid
Resto Shaman
Holy Paladin

Group 5
========
Ele. Shaman
Destr. Warlock
Balance Druid
Fire/Frost Mage
Shadow priest

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
And don't go calling raidspots, too early for that ;)

PS. Also missed out on Demon Warlock, no clue how that will fit in yet, if at all :p

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
Disc priest as in sprit buff? Or do you mean maxxed out disc. I havent checked priest buffs and stuff

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Krouk said:
Disc priest as in sprit buff? Or do you mean maxxed out disc. I havent checked priest buffs and stuff
Then maybe you should :p

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Hope Unholy DK is going to be worth a raidspot, could fit in group 2, we'll have to see how that works out, would prefer to fit 3 DK's most of the time, since it's hawt and new, but it might just turn into mostly a PVP tree.

PS. Krouk: http://wotlk.wikidot.com/start

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
Ill pick it all up when it comes to retail, i dont need to know about priests at this time and chances are it'll be completely diffrent anyhow

Razors

Apr 1, 2008
Not to try and call a spot or anything.
But i call blood death knight spot. thanks :D

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Krouk said:
Ill pick it all up when it comes to retail, i dont need to know about priests at this time and chances are it'll be completely diffrent anyhow
True, but it's fun :<

Zermo

Aug 26, 2005
grp 5 is a bit of a random, ele shaman doesn't bring much to the table (so far), mage should be fire or another arcane. in grp 4 the resto druid could be moved over to group 5 and you could put a Spriest instead (there u is saved Banim8). Also bai bai fury warr.

Doubt Unholy will be more than a pvp tree for now, though that tree is most likely to be adjusted - well it all is, since the trees are still quite a mess, most tank builds for DK's suggest them going trispec

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Wut, Ele shammy is awesome, casters are losing alot of Hit, Ele totem will compensate for that, and they already rock <_<

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
I know we've not seen the Paladin talents yet, but 2 prot warriors and no prot paladin? I'm pretty confident that DKs aren't going too be better at AOE tanking Paladins. How useful the AOE tank roll is, of course, depends on the encounter designs....

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Braque said:
I know we've not seen the Paladin talents yet, but 2 prot warriors and no prot paladin? I'm pretty confident that DKs aren't going too be better at AOE tanking Paladins. How useful the AOE tank roll is, of course, depends on the encounter designs....
Yea have thought of that, depending on Prot pally buffs. But between a feral and a DK you prolly have enough AOE tanking, dunno, warlocks/mages will also be able to do some AOE tanking possilbly.

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Bani said:
VT is down to 2% mana regen, from 5% :(
Man that's a good thing, without a nerf to VT it would be impossible to buff our damage like they are doing.