WITHDRAWN: Ryãn – Kazzak – Balance – Druid

Ryan

Jul 4, 2017
Tell us about yourself.
I returned to WoW shortly before the release of 7.2 and have been striving to improve myself as a player ever since. My raiding history is rather limited as I have only had the privilege to progress Dragon Soul in Cataclysm and Nighthold in Legion, due to school studies taking priority. This said, both tiers were successfully cleared whilst they were current content, which I believe is a testament to my abilities as a player.

Keeping in mind what has happened to us, I feel that it is time to turn over a new leaf and start afresh, hence my shift into playing a DPS role. Previously I’ve stuck to playing support roles in both tanks and healers so I’m viewing this as an opportunity to round myself off as a complete player. Obviously I accept that such a role shift is a drastic change and would like to offer up my logs to show how much I have improved since returning.

Character link: Log out in main spec gear and include any relevant alts.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/ryãn
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/kazzak/ryån

Link your Warcraft Log reports below. Apps without logs will be instantly declined.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/24310692 (Paladin - Did Nighthold and Tomb as Holy)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Lf7XCcTprtzAndKF (Normal run on my undergeared boomkin after 1 week of play; putting in excessive amounts of time to get gear and legendaries.)

Attach an image of your UI while in raid combat (LFR is fine).
http://i.imgur.com/JRl8Ck7.jpg

Why are you applying to MM? How did you hear about us? Do you know anyone here?
We've been left guildless as the result of our guild disbanding so need a new home; have been checking various websites (WoWprogress, LFPvE etc.) and this comes out as one of the best options for us due to what you offer and what we can bring.

Why are you leaving your current guild? If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning?
It was an attempted new "top 500" project guild and ultimately the project failed leading to the guild disbanding.

List your raiding experience while it was current.
Dragon Soul 8/8HC
EN 2/7M (Stopped playing WoW due to extreme family circumstances)
Nighthold 10/10M
ToS 8/9HC (Experience of HC KJ and M Goroth but not had a kill)

What is your main spec? How long have you played this?
Boomkin - Played it briefly at the start of Legion and only recently returned to it after wanting a fresh start with a new guild. Putting in tremendous effort across the board to get up to speed.

What is your stat priority? Explain why.
Due to my low item level and stat optimisation I'm currently running Haste > Mastery > Crit = Vers. However, changes to boomkin make the current stat priority Mastery >= Haste > Crit = Vers. Once I get better gear and optimisation from M+ I will be making the swap to that priority as the base level of haste will be improved.

Why should we bring your class/spec to a raid? What do you feel is the defining feature of your class/spec?
I've got a battle res and I'm a giant moon firing owl, what's not to love?

What addons do you use to enhance your performance?
WeakAuras 2, DBM, bdNameplates, Simulationcraft (/simc). All other addons are cosmetic and merely improve user interface.

Where do you find the latest information in relation to your class?
Primarily from various contributors to the balance discord channel on Dreamgrove.

What do you do outside of a raid to improve your character, play style and performance?
As above, keep up to date with the latest class knowledge on the discord and read through logs / compare to others to see where I can improve.

Do you ever change around talents depending on the encounter? If so please give an example.
Yes, regular talent changes within Tomb of Sargeras from boss to boss. Running either single target (Goroth, Maiden, Fallen Avatar, Kil'jaeden) or AoE (DI, Sisters, Harjatan, Mistress, DH).

What is your offspec? How comfortable would you be if we asked you to raid as your offpsec?
Resto - Not very as I haven't played it since EN and have no legendaries for it.

What traits are your weapons at? What legendaries have you obtained?
Boomie 51 / Resto 37.

We raid Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to these times and days?
Yes.

Can you accept criticism? If not then do not apply, we frown upon shifting blame a lot more than people admitting to mistakes and improving on it.
Yes.

Do you have a mic? Do you have a proper setup and internet connection to play the game competitively? (that is, at least 30 and ideally more fps in raids)
Yes.

We all need the occasional raiding day off for various reasons, but we expect these reasons so to be fully disclosed at as early a time as possible to make planning an easier process. Have you any planned absences in the foreseeable future that we should know about?
None.

Do you have anything else to add? Include Battle Tag here.
Ryan#23618

OP
R

Ryan

Jul 4, 2017
Apologies for the thread title, by the time I realised it wouldn't let me edit it!