Wireless difficulties

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
Basically i can't connect to the internet on my main computer. Though it is apparently connected to the wireless. As i'm not great at this i've tried all the usual options (resetting router/changing router channel/etc) but nothing has worked so far.

Not sure what info is of use to you but:
Windows Vista
Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter
BT home hub 9A23 router
IPv4 Connectivity: Limited
IPv6 Connectivity: Limited

Looking at the activity it has sent only 297 packets and recieved none, but it is convinced it is connected to the router.

Thank you in advance for any help <3 <3 <3

N

Nydia

IPv4 Connectivity: Limited
IPv6 Connectivity: Limited

this means that your DHCP isnt working as its supposed to :>

Try to set a static IP adress on your comp, then access router web config. Read your router manual for more info :p

OP
C

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
As far as i know my computer has a static IP addess, furthur than that you've lost me sorry :( (though wikipedia has taught me a lot about DHCP i didn't know....)

N

Nydia

Most routers have DHCP enabled as default setting.
So if your comp is set to static, that explains your "limited" connectivity
Set it to recieve IP ( dhcp )

OP
C

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
Well the good news, i fixed it, bad news i have no idea what caused it or how i fixed it so could happen again :p

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
Don't worry, that's how networking works. You struggle your butt off for hours, then suddenly out of nowhere it just works. Which is the reason I don't like networking :p

Arly

Non-Shouter
Oct 3, 2007
Either that or your wireless router might have renewed the lease-time for that MAC-adress which could have fixed it for you.