Where did that relic drop?

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
So, us hybrids got the new itemz!
Lets post some locations where they drop :D

Druid Idols:
- Idol of Ferocity, -3 energy to claw and rake, drops off Lord Roccor in BRD, rare.
- Idol of Health, -0.15 casttime to HT, drops of Viscidus, epic.

Paladin Librams:
- Libram of Truth, +55 AC on Devo Aura, drops off Magmus in BRD, rare.
- Libram of Grace, -25 mana on Cleanse, drops off Fankriss in AQ40, epic.

Shaman Totems:
- Totem of Rage, inc.dmg on earth/flame/frost shock by up to 30, drops off Magmus in BRD (not 100% sure), rare.
- Totem of Life, +45heal on lesser healing wave, drops off Fankriss in AQ40 (not 100% sure), epic.

Idol of Vigor rumored to drop off spiderboss in UD strat, yet rejuv idol rumored to drop off Immol'Thar. Think druids only get 3 idols, so seems to be the same, will edit if I remember, and find some confirmation. ^^
Dunno any more, someone else know of any? Pallies perhaps? :D

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Anshrr said:
So, us hybrids got the new itemz!
Lets post some locations where they drop :D

Druid Idols:
- Idol of Ferocity, -3 energy to claw and rake, drops off Lord Roccor in BRD, rare.

Idol of Vigor rumored to drop off spiderboss in UD strat, yet rejuv idol rumored to drop off Immol'Thar. Think druids only get 3 idols, so seems to be the same, will edit if I remember, and find some confirmation. ^^
Dunno any more, someone else know of any? Pallies perhaps? :D

Well.... I went with Sovaz to get his Idol of Ferocity (5min in and out job), then did a little reserach if/where there was one in BRD for paladins. +55 Armour on Devo. Aura, drops off Magmus, right at the end of BRD, just beofre the emperor. So i thoght F*@k that, and went to Arathi to grind elemental earth for nature protection pots instead.

If I were the melodramatic type I'd probably insert some kind of rant here about Paladins getting raped in the ass by the game designers. Again.

PS: Libram of Grace drops from Fankriss the Unyielding. -25 mana on Cleanse, thats ~20% reduction in mana cost at level 60, thus, 20% cleansing on Chromagus & other dot heavy fights before I chug a mana potion. zOMG OP! 0.o :p (actually, I quite like that one, though it is rather situation specific).

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Anshrr said:
Well, I wouldn't exactly call
Anshrr said:
epic. 0.15sec reduced cast time? Takes longer to read THIS IN CAPS. D:

And if anyone replies in this thread saying "something is better than nothing", go shove it up your nose :p

Epic means it's considerably better than Blue relics for the same class/spec, which this one looks like to me.

Blozzom

Nov 3, 2005
Anshrr said:
Well, I wouldn't exactly call
Anshrr said:
epic. 0.15sec reduced cast time? Takes longer to read THIS IN CAPS. D:

And if anyone replies in this thread saying "something is better than nothing", go shove it up your nose :p
-0.15 is better than the -0.1 3pcs Prophecy setbonus :)

so yeah, better than nothing :twisted:

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Asmodean said:
Blozzom said:

This is not only better, it's a 50% increase 8)

It is a 4% increase in healing/time output without talent points.

If you have Improved Healing Touch 5/5 it is a 5% increase in healing/time.

5% is equal to about 670+ healing.

OP
Anshrr

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
How long do you have to be chaincasting HT, before that math is correct?
Cause I somehow doubt 3 HT's cast will benefit more from this relic than from +50heal. Or for that matter, +670heal, which imo sounds abit unbelievable.
Then there's also the matter of mana. Just cause you save 1.5secs on 10 heals cast, doesn't mean it costs less mana.

I'd rather take stat buffs, like +int, +manaregen, +attackpower, +crit etc.
Tbh, hybrid relics should be more uber than at least wands, to weigh up for the fact that wands = free dps, in addition to great stats on some items. Though I won't bother with getting too upset untill they make more than 9 relics. Still think the epic idol is far from worth the trip to AQ.

@Zyena, I already updated my OP with where the known ones drop, or might drop :)

Natalya

Oct 22, 2005
Blozzom said:
Who cares about the -0.1 sec Prophecy bonus anyway? Flash Heals are like soooo last patch.
:p

Blozzom

Nov 3, 2005
Natalya said:
Blozzom said:
Who cares about the -0.1 sec Prophecy bonus anyway? Flash Heals are like soooo last patch.
:p
well, don't forget that the new 2.5sec GH screwed up the 8/8 transcendence bonus :cry:
givf back long casts, more healing and FH spam! :roll:

Natalya

Oct 22, 2005
Blozzom said:
well, don't forget that the new 2.5sec GH screwed up the 8/8 transcendence bonus :cry:
givf back long casts, more healing and FH spam! :roll:
Not that I need to worry about the 8 piece Transcendence bonus for a long time, but what do you mean by it getting screwed? Last time I checked, the Trans bonus adds a free rank 5 renew to your greater heals. Did they change it somehow? What gives?

A

Asmodean

Braque said:
Asmodean said:
Blozzom said:

This is not only better, it's a 50% increase 8)

It is a 4% increase in healing/time output without talent points.

If you have Improved Healing Touch 5/5 it is a 5% increase in healing/time.

5% is equal to about 670+ healing.

You didn't get my point. It's a 50% increase compared to the Prophecy bonus. 0.05s shorter castimg time sounds like nothing. 50% increase sounds huuuge ;>

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Anshrr said:
How long do you have to be chaincasting HT, before that math is correct?

1 cast.

Anshrr said:
Cause I somehow doubt 3 HT's cast will benefit more from this relic than from +50heal.

You would heal more hp with +50 heal. You would heal more hp/s (ratio) with the cast speed relic.

Anshrr said:
Or for that matter, +670heal, which imo sounds abit unbelievable.
Then there's also the matter of mana. Just cause you save 1.5secs on 10 heals cast, doesn't mean it costs less mana.

You are right, the relic gives you higher healign output per second, but you pay for that with extra mana. +670heal gives you the same healing output for free, and is thus far more powerful in practice. I didn't do the math to work out how much mp/s you would need to add to the relic to make it as poweful as the much +heal for a given mana pool/figth length. It gets complicated.

Anshrr said:
I'd rather take stat buffs, like +int, +manaregen, +attackpower, +crit etc.

Same here. :)

Anshrr said:
Tbh, hybrid relics should be more uber than at least wands, to weigh up for the fact that wands = free dps, in addition to great stats on some items. Though I won't bother with getting too upset untill they make more than 9 relics. Still think the epic idol is far from worth the trip to AQ.

Talking of which .... does anyone know what the dkp cost of an epic relic will be?

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Anshrr said:
Well, using the logic of the nonhybrids, this is a HUGE upgrade, since we had nothing, so I'm guessing 200dkp :p

I love how you think, deal :)