Warlock Hit Cap

Toba

Loves the Leader and the Leader approves.
Aug 19, 2008
Hey Guys

I wanna discuss this, cause it's making me itch atm, and my gemming is facked :p

I have read this page http://wowmb.net/forums/f104/30669-what .... p_mr_wolf/

And it told me that the minimum hit rating is 263.
Tho at 263 you still have a 3% miss chance.... To get 100% capped you need 446/447....

If i am to hit 263, unbuffed with Cataclysm..... I need to be gemmed all weird, and i would still need a heroic presence = dreanai.

What would you suggest ?

/Discuss ?

Toba

OP
Toba

Toba

Aug 19, 2008
Aaaaaaaaah weird avater go away....

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Well I can put up a replacement if you post an image for me :p

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
I'd suggest:

- Assume you have a Moonkin Druid or Shadow Priest in the raid. We've already got 2 of them, and are recruiting a 3rd according to the Tura thread.

- Don't assume you have a Draenei. Shammies are rare and we have no other Draenei casters.

That will put your required hit rating at 290. That's your goal.

Now try to get as close as you can FROM BELOW to that level. Any hit rating above 290 will give you absolutely no benefit. You should aim for a value somewhere between 263 and 290. Hit is the most effective stat while you make full use of it. But don't choose an 80 hit item when you only need 40 rating to hit the cap, as the other 40 hit rating is basically 10+ wasted item levels.

If your current gear puts you at the lower end of that 263-290 range, whine for a draenei or use +hit food to make up for it, as that food will give you the highest real dps increase.

Also, not being hitcapped is not a crime. +hit is the most effective stat you have considering it's relative cost, but that doesn't mean you should take a ilvl 187 Rare over a ilvl 226 epic just because it has 20 hit rating more....

X

Xaverri

I assume you mean Improved Fearie Fire Bani? In that case it's moonkins you need, not ferals.
Ferals give an aura that increases crit with 5%

<3

OP
Toba

Toba

Aug 19, 2008
Bani said:
Hit is the most effective stat while you make full use of it. But don't choose an 80 hit item when you only need 40 rating to hit the cap, as the other 40 hit rating is basically 10+ wasted item levels.

What ? I get the rest:)

I have been using hit food, but also had to gem almost only hit :-/

Hmm, guess i should focuse on getting some hit boots and bracers....

Thanks for the info Banininininininininininini....

Toba

And will try to do something about the avater.... Cough computer naab couch cough....

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
Toba said:
Bani said:
Hit is the most effective stat while you make full use of it. But don't choose an 80 hit item when you only need 40 rating to hit the cap, as the other 40 hit rating is basically 10+ wasted item levels.

What ? I get the rest:)

I have been using hit food, but also had to gem almost only hit :-/

Hmm, guess i should focuse on getting some hit boots and bracers....

Thanks for the info Banininininininininininini....

Toba

And will try to do something about the avater.... Cough computer naab couch cough....

What he means is that hit is the highest worth stat value till its capped. Obviously everything over the cap is useless.

OP
Toba

Toba

Aug 19, 2008
Aaah okay....... Thanks Best Buddy :)

But but, At 290 you DO still have 3% miss chance....
You are first 100% Hit capped at 446/447, But i can see that aiming for 100% would be stupid..

I get htat from reading the link, made by the turbo Nerd....

Toba

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Just google an image on google images, anything, and point me to it, I'll do the rest <_<

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
Toba said:
But but, At 290 you DO still have 3% miss chance....
You are first 100% Hit capped at 446/447, But i can see that aiming for 100% would be stupid..

For level 83 mobs (bosses) you have a blank hit chance of 83%. That would mean you have to overcome 17% of misschance.

At approximately 26.29 +hit for 1% this would be 447 +hit to cap.
You can use talents to get 3% additional hit chance. This would reduce hit cap to 368
With Misery or ImpFF you get another 3% hit chance. This would reduce hit cap to 290 (assuming talents as well)
With a draeni next to you you get another 1% hit chance. This would reduce hit cap to 263 (assuming all three)

Using +40 hit food you will be hit capped at 223 +hit (most positive situation possible).

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
Joyma said:
Just google an image on google images, anything, and point me to it, I'll do the rest <_<

mocking-blow.jpg

OP
Toba

Toba

Aug 19, 2008
Cheers Thabs!!

You know how to explain it to a tard like me :)

Toba

P.S if you like lemurs so much why don't you marry one?! ;0P

P.P.S FU Best Buddy ;D

OP
Toba

Toba

Aug 19, 2008
Avater fixed, by myself ;)

pic: moi and my queen :)