Upcoming changes to feral tanking.

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
I doubt we'll see the patch before next year. Blizzm8s need holiday too :eek:
And SotF granting 66% bonus armor is still a massive buff. Atleast compared to the 10% from TH. Tho I might have misunderstood as well, if I know myself :p

OP
X

Xaverri

It's more a balancing thing, armor from weapons and accessoires will be taken away (multiplier) and leather gets added armor, so it's really a matter of being good in math, or just comparing stats when the patch hits to see if it's a buff or not for me :p

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Doesn't have anything to do with the thread but it was worth saving. xD

___' _________
\ o o '| ' '''''''''''''''''''''''' \0\ . . . DRUID BEAR SIMULATOR
. -_ / @ . . . . | . . ./ . / <---- Place Head Here
. . . . .| /. . . . . . .\ .|. /
___"'`_______"'` '

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
It's a fat bear facing to the left and you are supposed to put your head just behind his butt since that is what Feral Druids see while tanking.

Arly

Non-Shouter
Oct 3, 2007
DPS update, so kinda OT. But anyways, just figured I'd let you know this:

Shred Idol: DPS = 3546.8967
Rip Idol: DPS = 3546.1074

the Rip Idol is 13 iLevels above, and still they even out Oo

OP
X

Xaverri

I'm not shred talented though, so it's not really useful for me unless I am dps specced :)

I forgot to make a screenshot yesterday evening of my stats, I feel so stupid.... Wanted to see the differences, I am horrible with remembering figures so I'll have no idea if my armor went up or down :S

Arly

Non-Shouter
Oct 3, 2007
If your armor was relying on weap, trink, ring & neck then it prolly went down. Else I'd expect you'd see a raise.

OP
X

Xaverri

Well I had a weapon with armor, and trinkets and rings and necks...but to say if it was relying on it, I have no idea. I am not a math guru at all :(

Anshrr

Oct 7, 2005
Well, patch notes also say:
Bonus Armor: The mechanics for items with bonus armor on them has changed (any cloth, leather, mail, or plate items with extra armor, or any other items with any armor). Bonus armor beyond the base armor of an item will no longer be multiplied by any talents or by the bonuses of Bear Form, Dire Bear Form, or Frost Presence.
And I'm fairly certain that is law, unless otherwise stated. Only leather (for bears) is now multiplied by stuff, hence no need to specify in talent tooltip, as it applies to everything.
/shrug

Anshrr

Oct 7, 2005
Sorry bout my last post, I must've been completely out there.. replied to a post on the first page lol -_- Seriously.. I suck.
Anyways, I have armor trinkets, rings and neck, and I'm fairly certain I saw and increase, even without thick hide (which I now specced out of), due to SotF change.