Sw old republic

Mista

The Rogue
Aug 28, 2005
Now that they let anyone test the beta Im gonna do so this weekend probably. If you plan to do so as well and gonna play as the republic, you can check this thread and Ill add which server Ill end up on so we can group :D

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
I'm in the Beta, basically playing the server with the shortest wait at that moment ;)

After an hour of play this morning I found that the mechanics of the game became very much less important then the storyline. I haven't felt like that since I first started WoW. No other MMO has been able to do that to me. It was very refreshing to finally enjoy a game for the game again instead of just trying to get the high numbers.

The game also feels "done". Unlike Rift, DDO, Warhammer that all felt like there was still a lot of work to do; SW:TOR's user interface feels like they've taken the best of WoW and improved upon that (unlike Rift, DDO, etc that felt like they were trying to copy WoW but removed all the good stuff).

I know what I'm doing around Christmas........

Stronghammer

The strong one!
Apr 20, 2009
The Netherlands
This was my second beta I got invited to, I have to agree with Croga when it comes to the gameplay and first feeling, adding the epic Star wars feeling with it and if you play a ligtsaber holding class its an even more epic feeling once you create your very first lightsaber.

HOWEVER, since all the dialogs are voice acted and player choice based, it can take a while (even when skipping) to finish a dialog for say questing, meaning if you have to start over again, it gets really old really fast. Also during dungeons you have a similair chat dialog and you have to roll (just like on wow rare and above items) to get your character to awnser when the choice menu pops up, that is also annoying.

Other then that the classes are very diverse and fun to explore and the amount of choice you have in proffessions is quite big and confusing aswell (giving another aspect to explore, especially since you can send your ingame companions out to do the proffessions for you, giving you the benefits).

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
FWIW, the talk role actually is affected by who you bring. If you bring a couple of Sith Inquisitors they get a bonus and can intimidate people and such. That sounds pretty cool.

Atleast that's what I read.

Stronghammer

The strong one!
Apr 20, 2009
The Netherlands
Yes, it will bring the extra options, but the choices between light and dark is what is the point, those are the choices that change the "story" of the instance (example: You need to get to the bridge but you have a fast or slow way, fast by rebooting engineering, therby venting a compartment to space with the last crew stuck in there (dark), or go the long way around and divert power at 3 locations on the deck guarded by enemies, thus saving the engineering crew from venting (light).

If you choose the dark side but the person who won chose light, you will all do light (you do however get the points for the side you chose, in this case dark).

Long story, but if you are into RP even a little that might start to get annoying (especially with kids in your party)

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
The easy fix is to LFDark or LFLight PuG grps? :V

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
Playing a Sith Warrior on 'Hydian Way'
I've formed up with my old Planetside guild on Hydian Way. We're running Last Line of Defense on the Republic side and Lost Legion of Dread as Impies. If you need a guild, just let me know and I'll vouch for you.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
If you want to meet MM people, you play WoW. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.

PS: Have some German smileys: *g* and : - )

Lafielle

Apr 14, 2007
So I heard a rumour that there's a totally amazing ex-mm & co. healer playing (occasionally) as Imperial on the Peragus Mining Facility server....