SDdkp :o

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
UPDATE: WotLK (v3.0.3) version attached as well. Functional but not really tested extensively.

Long story short, I wrote my own addon to handle the important functions of the in-game part of DKP_System because that one is pretty discontinued and doesn't work in 2.0 . The mod is based on Ace2 and pretty basic, but works pretty much exactly like the old one without all the bloat and interface errors.

Here's the readme :p
OVERVIEW:

SDdkp is a replacement for Syndicate System's DKP System. Specifically, the auction type "dkp-modified rolling": When an item drops, every player interested in the item performs a 1-100 roll. To this roll, his current dkp are added, and can optionally be multiplied by a fixed value in order to decrease the influence of the random roll.

Bidding auctions of any kind are not and will not be supported. SDdkp is a very lightweight mod coded in Ace2 and should not impact performance. However, depending on the size of the dkp database, an additional 100-400kB of memory will be occupied.

All dependencies are included, no additional downloads are necessary.

Updater.exe and process_dkp.php remain unchanged from DKP System and are (c) Syndicate Systems.

INSTALLATION:
There are three parts to SDdkp: The .php file, the updater, and the World of Warcraft mod.

1. Install process_dkp.php
Process_dkp.php has to be installed as a plugin for EQdkp and the appropriate database settings have to be configured in the header.

2. Updater.exe
Updater.exe requires the path to the SDdkp World of Warcraft add-on (default: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\SDdkp) as well as the HTML path to process_dkp.php (http://www.YOURGUILD.com/dkp/process_dkp.php or similar)

3. SDdkp
SDdkp needs to be placed in the \Interface\AddOns folder like any other mod. No dependencies have to be installed.

USAGE:
Raid Leader or Master Looter:

1. Before each raid:
Run Updater.exe and set the mod to announce rolls

2. After each boss kill:
Let everybody /roll for loot. SDdkp will announce the modified rolls, and the person with the highest modified roll wins. If it is desired that the drops from this boss are already taken into account, the following has to be done:

1. The items have to be entered into the EQdkp database with the associated buyer (a placeholder raid can be used)
2. Updater.exe has to be executed to poll the updated standings and make them accessible to SDdkp
3. The console has to be reloaded (by typing "/console reloadui" or simply "/rl" if Ace2 is installed)

If loot is limited to one item per person per night or previous boss drops on said night are not taken into account, these steps can be skipped.

Raid Members:
Raid members do not need to have this mod installed. They only need to type /roll to announce their interest in an item. Raid members can whisper "dkp" (with no quotation marks) to the master looter/raid leader to be automatically whispered their current dkp.

SETTINGS:
An overview of the settings menu can be displayed by typing "/sd".

The following options can be modified:

- rollmod: by which factor the dkp value gets multiplied before being added to the roll. A rollmod of 4, 1-100 roll of 67 and 400 current dkp would result in a final score of 67 + (4*400) = 1667. The default value is "2".
Example:
/sd rollmod 2

- announce
Whether modified rolls are announced or not. If announce is disabled, the mod will suppress any outgoing or internal messages when a roll occurs. However, the dkp polling feature is still available. This option toggled between "enabled" and "disabled", and therefore takes no additional parameters.

Example:
/sd announce

- chattype
How to announce the modified rolls. Options are Party, Say, Yell, Raid_Warning, Raid.

Example:
/sd chattype raid

Which profile to use to save these options. Default profile is "default", but options can also be saved by class, character or server. However, the default value should be fine for typical use.

REQUIREMENTS
- English WoW client
- A Windows PC or appropriate emulation layer to run Updater.exe (Application/Win32)
- EQdkp (tested with version 1.3)

VERSION HISTORY:
0.1b: temporarily removed AceHook-2.1 dependencies
0.1: First release, 10.05.2007 (for WoW 2.0.12)

TO-DO:
- I'm planning to include some more options for dkp polling, such as top10 lists by class and dkp standings of other players in the raid group, as well as an option to disable outgoing traffic from dkp polls.
- A small minimap button with a GUI to toggle the options and enable/disable the mod with a single click for convenience.
- Triggered announce of the winner to reduce misassigned loot.

the .rar file includes the updater.exe as well as the process_dkp.php

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Thanks Bani, will try it out sometime today or tomorrow :)

Fixed the permissions on attachments, try if you can attaching files now.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
When I read SDDkp I was thinking of a smart SugarDaddyDKP pun, but oh well >_>

Galatea

Oct 28, 2005
I agree, its cute
group_hug.gif

OP
Bani

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
If you're getting an error message regarding AceHook-2.1, download the new version 0.1b. If not, no need to redownload :)

OP
Bani

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
Updated to 0.2:
New options:

- neg_rollmod: The factor to be used if a player has negative dkp. Can be the same or different from rollmod
Example:
/sd neg_rollmod 2

- bot
Enables or disables the dkp bot whispers.

- botecho
Determines how much of the dkp bot whispers are displayed on your screen. Options:
- on: No filtering, all incoming and outgoing messages are displayed. Not recommended
- info: (default) All whispers related to the dkp bot are filtered, but a mod status message is displayed, informing you with one line for each query
- off: all outgoing messages are hidden, no bot status message.
- reallyoff: all incoming dkp query whispers are hidden as well, therefore absolutely no text messages relating to the dkp bot are displayed.

Example:
/sd botecho info

- standby:
Enables or suspends the addon. Can be used in a macro for 1-button enabling/disabling:
Code:
#tooltip Toggle SDdkp
/SD standby
However, this of course disables the dkp bot as well. The following macro might have more use in practice, as it toggles the display of rolls only:
Code:
#tooltip Toggle SDdkp
/SD announce

DKP Bot:
members can whisper someone with this mod installed to inquire about their dkp in-game.
Commands for this:
- dkp: Returns the dkp of the player who is whispering.
- dkp <player>: Returns the dkp of <player>.
- dkp <class>: Returns a list of all members of that class, sorted by dkp in descending order.

Example:
/w Joyma dkp
/w Joyma dkp Gnomeeater
/w Joyma dkp druid

Note that SDdkp seems to work with process_dkp versions 0.24 to 0.37, but not 0.42. Support for 0.42 is unlikely to be added.

Please post any feedback or problems in this thread. Especially if you have trouble with the AceHook-2.1 dependency, which seemed to trouble some people in 0.1

SD

OP
Bani

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
uploaded a 0.3alpha, doesn't include newest libraries or a readme yet, but should be fully functional (if you get errors, try having at least 1 up-to-date ace mod or the standalone Ace2 installation).

added:
- countdown timer for encounters
- custom names for raid points (in place of "dkp")
- minor clean-ups

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
QQ, this is one of the addons that are broken and block all chat when enabled.

OP
Bani

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
oh :(
I'll have a look at it next week, can't make it earlier.

edit: If nothing else is broken, I'll see if I can implement a quick and dirty fix that just disables the chat blocking tonight. Since noone is using the dkp whisper function it shouldn't be an issue. If the problem lies in the interaction of Ace 3.0 and my mod or Ace 2.0 and patch 3.0, it'll take longer to fix.

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
This is not the only addon doing it, so I presume the problem lies with a Lib.

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Still have it somewhere Bunny? Link is broken :<

OP
Bani

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
yeah sure :)

But it's not needed by us anymore, right? Or do you want it because asking for your own dkp suddenly got more important?

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Bani said:
Or do you want it because asking for your own dkp suddenly got more important?
that ^^ :hi:

Any chance you could make it not announce DKP when people type /roll? Only needs the /w function really.

OP
Bani

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
hmms just had a look, WoWace was changed substantially from 2.0 to 3.0. It sounds smart, but also very different. On top of that, Ace is currently doing a site transition and it's all confusing as hell :(

Gonna take another look tonight, but I don't think it'll be as easy as I hoped (namely, overwriting the Library folders with 3.0 versions :p).

About the DKP announce, the mod had a switch to enable announces (/sd announce), was that broken?

Also, did you find an addon for the on-time thingie? I am pretty sure I had a raw but working version of an addon for that, but somehow we never followed up on it ^^

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
If it's a lot of work, definitely don't work on that now, you're already casual enough :D

Don't think I ever found an on-time addon no :<