Random picture thread

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
birdname.gif

Lafielle

Apr 14, 2007
Used to get loads of those in our back garden. Until one year my cat found the nest and well....

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Gink said:
I don't think bastard is commonly used when referring to women.

Isn't bastard just a name for an illegitimate child? And from what I know, even women can be illegimate children. :p

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
Ayu said:
Gink said:

Isn't bastard just a name for an illegitimate child? And from what I know, even women can be illegimate children. :p

A bastard (also called whoreson) in the law of England and Wales was a person whose parents, at the time of their birth, were not married to each other.

Varies in different countries apparently

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Bastard is also a term for plants/animal breeding I think. Then again, they would call their children F1, F2 and so on so that isn't surprising. >_>

OP
Gink

Gink

Nov 25, 2005
Ayu said:
Gink said:

Yes I know what the definition of a bastard is, I'm just saying I don't think it's common to call women bastards as an insult. At least I've never heard it been used like that before.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Gink said:
Ayu said:
Gink said:

Yes I know what the definition of a bastard is, I'm just saying I don't think it's common to call women bastards as an insult. At least I've never heard it been used like that before.

We are talking about a friggin cat here. Oo

Or Cataclysm if Cat is short for him. Pick whatever you like best. <_<

OP
Gink

Gink

Nov 25, 2005
Oh eh, I got the impression that Arly was calling Laf a bastard for having a cat (figured Arly was a dog-person or so)