Path of Exile

Mista

The Rogue
Aug 28, 2005
Yo!
Been playing some PoE lately since its officially out and it's pretty neat! If you like the Diablo-style game action RPG I recommend you give it a swing! It's free (and availible on steam ofc.)!
If you wanna add me I run around bashing things as "Moriarthy".
Peace!

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
On a scale from 1 to 10, how darned good would you say it is?

Merlijn

Shadow Master
Mar 11, 2009
I tried it but I'm not convinced. It feels dodgy and unfinished. I'll wait for D3 expansion instead.

Atermors

Dec 2, 2010
Haven't played it since beta but during beta it was too much of "I don't want to be D3!!!!". The crafting system is very nice but the gameplay just doesn't flow imo (and I want it to flow from a hack an slash :D). Even in high level you never feel overpowered and each mob can easily kill you in even the best gear. At some point in D2 you just went god mode. I missed that from PoE. It wants to be hard core at all costs but misses the point.

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
That review sounds amazing and I missed that fact that it's F2P!

Still, with all the hate from MM I guess I'll wait for the Eurogamer review....

Lebuff

Huge, throbbing Member
May 1, 2007
I've played some PoE and I think it's a solid game. It comes down to:
If you want a free arpg with deep character building and a proper endgame, then PoE is the best arpg right now.
If you want some fast, smooth, hack n' slash fun, get something else.

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
I'm quite enjoying it tbh, playing as ranger am about to finish the first dificulty. It feels quite a bit like Diablo2 while still innovating and changing it up (passive path and skill gems)

Can add "Jazende"