Paladin heroes :<

S

Stuvvie

Blizzard is currently working on the retribution tree from paladin class, to make it more viable dps wise in raid:

Hello again, I just wanted to let you know that the developers have taken part of your suggestions, and are looking into improving the retribution paladin spec. You can probably expect something along the line of more sustained DPS in a raid and more raid utility, but we are not ready to reveal any details. This is still work in progress, so please be patient.

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.htm .... eNo=25#482

Only one thing to say: Oh god please no.

Who cares about pally dps tbh :<

Edited for clarity :p

Gink

Nov 25, 2005
Yay, so many bosses will be killed with 25 DPS'ers! :p
Was the last class with no DPS spot in raids, so i guess it's only fair.

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Just theorycrafting a sec, idea of 4 paladins in a raid. What blessings would you get.

2 Holy
1 Ret
1 Prot or Prot/Holy hybrid

Tanks: BoK, BoL, BoSanc, Imp BoM
Casters: BoK, BoL, BoSalv, Imp BoW
Melee DPS: BoK, BoL, BoSalv, Imp BoM
Hunters: BoK, BoSalv, Imp BoW, Imp BoM

Plus, in theory, JoL, JoW and Imp. JoC up on the boss 100%
Would be pretty sweet....

Paladin tank threat generation goes up a lot if they are grouped with a Ret paladin, due to Sanctity aura, and better JoW uptime. OTOH it's only the tanks that miss out on an extra blessing if you swap the prot paladin for another holy paladin, so once again the prot paladin is only worth it if you *need* the extra tank.

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Perhaps giving pallies some sort of +crit blessing would make them viable. Quite curious what they have in mind, but unless they give Rets something massive to lower their threat, I don't think it's going to work out.

Zermo

Aug 26, 2005
Actually they have sanctified crusader (talent) that adds +3 crit on a target if judged with Seal of the Crusader, though I know that's not what you mean, that's still pretty solid. Only problem is you loose SoW/L.

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Aelin said:
Actually they have sanctified crusader (talent) that adds +3 crit on a target if judged with Seal of the Crusader, though I know that's not what you mean, that's still pretty solid. Only problem is you loose SoW/L.

No you don't. The Paladin Ret talent Crusader Strike refreshes all Judgements, so (in theory) Paladins A & B can Judge Wisdom & Light at the start of the battle, and Paladin C can just spam Crusader Strike to keep them all refreshed. Unfortunately the cooldown of Crusader Strike was nerfed, and now the Ret paladin only has to miss once (go go +hit gear/talents), or be slow to click / lag a bit, and the judgements will fall off. This is one of the problems for ret paladins that needs to be fixed.

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
Well, they could replace the, imo, lame talents, like Vindication (and Eye for an Eye), for something usefull.
And they could combine the effect of rogue Feint with Crusader Strike, would be a nice dent in threat....
Or for that matter, give Retnubs Imp. Salva, which would be pretty usefull.. tho only usefull to the retnub if he could only cast it on himself, on second thought ;p
Or, they could try to "reinvent" ret tree.. Right now, ret is somewhat alot about crits, tho crit damage is more pvp, and not so safe in pve really.... plus I can never figure out if I should build melee crit or spellcrit or what.. stupid need-all-stats-ever retpallies :<

Oh, they could atleast give retnubs some "50% of your Int is cool spellpowah or attackpowa nstuff!" ^^

My biggest issue with my ret specced pallie, is that compared to my druid that's the same level when she was feral, the pallie is so much much slower at killing stuff. Tho that has nothing to do with raid dps, so nm.

^^

Zermo

Aug 26, 2005
Re:

Braque said:
Aelin said:

No you don't. The Paladin Ret talent Crusader Strike refreshes all Judgements, so (in theory) Paladins A & B can Judge Wisdom & Light at the start of the battle, and Paladin C can just spam Crusader Strike to keep them all refreshed. Unfortunately the cooldown of Crusader Strike was nerfed, and now the Ret paladin only has to miss once (go go +hit gear/talents), or be slow to click / lag a bit, and the judgements will fall off. This is one of the problems for ret paladins that needs to be fixed.

Well I was sorta meaning in that respect, if they fall off, then it's more of a pain for a holy Pala to refresh his judgement; whereas the Ret Paladin is probably just gonna be right next to the target without too much pain, meaning he'd probably be assigned with the most important judgement, which probably wouldn't be crusader. Or alot of communication work on the paladin side :yes:

OP
E

Eagleeye

Judgements last 20 seconds, cursader strike has a 10 second cooldown.

Paladins judge seals, wait 5 seconds then crusader strike, if it misses, which it shouldnt 99% of the time, try again 15 seconds after they were judged. Chance of them both missing when standing behind a boss with 8% hit is pretty negligible.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Eagleeye said:
Judgements last 20 seconds, cursader strike has a 10 second cooldown.

Paladins judge seals, wait 5 seconds then crusader strike, if it misses, which it shouldnt 99% of the time, try again 15 seconds after they were judged. Chance of them both missing when standing behind a boss with 8% hit is pretty negligible.

The chance is actually 5.6% (Dodge) + 8.6% (Miss) and that is only when you attack from the back. The chance to miss twice in a row is 2% which *is* going to happen atleast a few times on long fights. But then again, that is without any Hit.