Need IT support!

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
I might find out stuff software wise, but hardware gets me every time.
I have a computah. It has 2 SATAs, an IDE controller card, and a 120gjg IDE disk I'd like to use.
However, when I start up, the disk-initialization sound comes, then the disk (the IDE) kinda gives up, and the sound repeats, and this goes on endlessly until I turn off my comp ><
I tried using either IDE connector thingie on the card, either plug on the cable, no go. The lame thing is that the IDE disk works in Ahnals box, and worked on mine the first time I tried.
(Long story short, I have Vista Home, it doesn't like dynamic disks, so she had to put it in her XP box so I could empty it before converting to basic disk).
Anyways, anyone have any ideas?

And to make matters worse, when I disconnected the IDE, giving up trying to get it going, and rebooted, I first got my motherboard claiming it couldn't overclock (which it isn't suppose to do anyways), then when in windows at last, I got a bluescreen, and after reboot, Vista wanted to check my memory. Which I think is fine, cause it didn't say anything ><
All in all, a typical monday.
/edit: oh, and Windows found my floppy drive, which is impressive,since it's in a box in storage :p

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Have you tried turning it on and off again?

Scarce

Pet Keeper
Nov 2, 2007
Ayu said:
Have you tried turning it on and off again?
Anshrr said:
However, when I start up, the disk-initialization sound comes, then the disk (the IDE) kinda gives up, and the sound repeats, and this goes on endlessly until I turn off my comp ><
Yes. Yes he has.

Edit: to Include =)

Lebuff

Huge, throbbing Member
May 1, 2007
Empty cmos / reset bios. Check your motherboard manual on how to do it.

Lebuff

Huge, throbbing Member
May 1, 2007
Anshrr said:
that will start the disk you think? bit scared of fiddling too much in the bios :p
Don't "fiddle" in the bios! Reset it properly like the manual says.