MOVIES

OP
C

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
I might be a little bias as I loved the original show but ye, enjoyed it more. Toy story 3 blew them both away. Harry Potter will be the best film of the year, easily.

Also I watched shutter island last night, was good. Didn't actually see the twist coming which is stupid as its pretty obvious once its revealed >_<

Mystara

Master of Elements
Staff member
Dec 4, 2009
Toy Story 3 is easily the best film this year.

As an entire series I can't really think of a trilogy where the 1st one is good, the 2nd is great and then the last one is fantastic. Most trilogies have a weak film but all 3 were good and got progressively better with Toy Story.

OP
C

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
They took their time with it so it didn't get shit :p Still too early to say really but I prefer the second to the third

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Is Toystory really better than How to Train your Dragon?

Tbone

Apr 4, 2008
Liverpool
I actually watched the godfather part 1 all the way through the other day.

Didn't think it was as awesome as people say :(
But it might be because it's a long film and I have the attention span of a meerkat with ADHD

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
Watched "FAQ about Time Travel" the other day, pretty good :)

Lebuff

Huge, throbbing Member
May 1, 2007
I actually watched the godfather part 1 all the way through the other day.

Didn't think it was as awesome as people say :(
But it might be because it's a long film and I have the attention span of a meerkat with ADHD

The Godfather is considered such a great movie because it was the first mafia movie and set the standard for all movies about organized crime after that. It is also a very well made movie technically. But other than that it's not really super exciting.

Tbone

Apr 4, 2008
Liverpool
The scene where the dude died at the toll booth made me laugh, he kinda reminded me of the puppets getting shot in Team America.

Also, there's one hell of a lot of references to it on the tv like, all the time. I find a lot more mafia jokes funny now....

Vessy

Puttin the slow in Onslow
Apr 13, 2009
Watched the first part of 'Red Cliff' tonight. It was great; definately recommended!
Also check out 'Moon' if you're into moody, existential science fiction.

OP
C

Careface

Death by sexy
May 31, 2007
Scott Pilgrim vs the world is pretty awesome, think almost everyone who is into WOW will find it good coz its nerdy and all that.

Gloryfool

Jun 22, 2009
Just watched the expendables, OMFG the movie was awesome never has such violence been so much fun. the went through every way to kill a henchman classic!!!!!

WATCH NOW

Mystara

Master of Elements
Staff member
Dec 4, 2009
Funny I watched it today but I don't think it quite warrants that much praise but it's still quite a good film. Maybe I was too cynical about the effects in general (ie. That many dead people is going to leave some blood on the floor right?). Also disappointed that Rocky 4 wasn't remade since we had Rocky and Ivan Drago starring in it.

Taken was a better film if you wanted to see generic henchmen being owned but obviously star appeal wins out.

(Minor joke) Spoiler here!
Classic "He wants to be president" line about Arnie the Governator was probs the best bit in the film.

Actual spoiler about an opinion on the characters.
Did anybody else think Sylvester Stallone character was almost a carbon copy of Jim Raynor - the beard, the woman, the "I'm going to save the fuck out of those people" attitude. Mickey Rourke as Zeratul in a wisdom role also starring Dolph Lundren as Tychus Findlay ;)

Lebuff

Huge, throbbing Member
May 1, 2007
I liked the expendables. I thought it was refreshing because of all the action movies that "doesn't take themselves seriously" lately. Expendables was the first action movie in a long time that made me care - at least a bit - what happened to the people in it.
And Mystara you are way too far into SC2. Get out before we have to send the future president to get you.

Lixe

Aug 4, 2010
1. Four Lions < -- Hilarious in Every Way tbh :)
2. Lord of the Rings Trilogy < -- GASM!
3. Death at a Funeral <-- Pretty funny. Not overly funny, But the timing is legendary :)
4. Friday Trilogy <-- Cmon.. Obvious Much :D
5. Don't be a Menace to South Central while Drinking your Juice in the hood. <-- HILARIOUS!

All of these get reccomended by me tbh, But the one i must highlight is Don't be a menace. If that film doesn't make you laugh. Your heartless.