MM vs Kael'thas

Lebuff

Huge, throbbing Member
May 1, 2007
Nice and clean movie. And good quality also. You should uplaod it on stage6 :yes:

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
Nice, i've been trying to make wow movies for weeks, but they record at about 1gb a minute and even with compression they are huge. What programs you use? Also, what resolution, I think my screen resolution is too high to record properly :(

OP
N

Nydia

Cronosone said:
Nice, i've been trying to make wow movies for weeks, but they record at about 1gb a minute and even with compression they are huge. What programs you use? Also, what resolution, I think my screen resolution is too high to record properly :(

I used fraps for recording it, at 1152 x 864 resolution. Which is the max fraps can handle. Encoded to xvid in Virtualdubmod

OP
N

Nydia

Ye. Problem is that if you do that with fraps, it wont capture the whole screen. Only a portion of it, like upper right corner for example.
The raw data from fraps in this movie is still 17,9GB :rolleyes:

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
Nah, it was recording the whole screen, though after a few mins it started lagging my computer, i don't think it is quad-core compatible yet :(

OP
N

Nydia

Weird!
I only got a fraction of my screen recorded when i tried at my usual resolution 1680x1080. But there is another thing aswell, when i made this movie in virtualdubmob, i applyed a filter to reduce resolution 2:1
With 1680:1080 that would still be ridiculously high, prolly 840x540. Which is higher than a normal DVD in quality :p

Arly

Non-Shouter
Oct 3, 2007
This makes me wanna start making movies again. Guess I'll start doing it again :p