MM Forums now available in Tapatalk

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
You can now reach the MM forums through the Tapatalk app. I haven't tried it myself yet, but am sure one of you can tell me if it's working properly ;)

Below is the promotional material:

========================================

Tapatalk is a mobile forum app for iPhone / Android and soon to be on Blackberry and Nokia. Tapatalk supports vBulletin (3.x and 4.x) and phpBB forums and forum owner can activate this service for free. Tapatalk supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reload), private messaging, all these features are accessible in just a few simple taps.

Tapatalk for iPhone:
Showing New and Unread Posts:
IMG_0036.png

Full Thread Viewing and Pagination Support:
IMG_0037.png

See Who's Online:
IMG_0038.png

Reply to Post and Image Upload:
IMG_0041.png

Some of the large forums activated Tapatalk support
IMG_0042.png

Tapatalk for Android

Total Android Look and Feel
main.png

Same feature set as iPhone:
threadmenu.png

Quickly Reply to a conversation:
thread_bottom_menu.png

Latest and Unread Posts indicator and multi-tabs support:

latest-v.png

Full screen image support - support landscape mode also
imageview.png

Check out http://www.tapatalk.com for more information!

Arly

Non-Shouter
Oct 3, 2007
The free version of android is "read only", so you can't post with it. Hard to buy it without rooting the phone, as the market is not available in the majority of the world.

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
The free version of android is "read only", so you can't post with it. Hard to buy it without rooting the phone, as the market is not available in the majority of the world.

Huh, Android Market is not available in Scandinavia or so? Oo

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Which begs the question why anyone would buy an Android phone if they couldn't access the market or were planning to root it <_<

Arly

Non-Shouter
Oct 3, 2007
Let me rephrase, the market is available. But you cannot buy apps through it. If I root it, then I can install Market Enabler and buy applications with my Norwegian Visa-card. Which is kinda ><

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
That's supersilly, why can't you buy anything Oo

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
I presume it's because of countries' laws, and not unwillingness of Google? <_<

Arly

Non-Shouter
Oct 3, 2007
The Pro one is available on the Android Market and also on Slideme, which appears to be a market for all you people who live in faulty countries. https://www.slideme.org/

Did you just disregard everything that was stated in this thread and added a (what appears right now to be a) faulty link? Or did I miss some :~ ?

Arly

Non-Shouter
Oct 3, 2007
Thank god I wrote the "what appears right now to be a" - Else there would be alot of mockery

Chirrad

Sep 29, 2009
Did you just disregard everything that was stated in this thread and added a (what appears right now to be a) faulty link? Or did I miss some :~ ?

No, I read your problem, and suggested a solution. I've not tried Slideme, since I can use the Android market. It's just what tapatalk itself said when I ran it for the first time - I guess they've had a few people complaining that it couldn't be bought in some countries.

Tbone

Apr 4, 2008
Liverpool
On topic....

Downloaded the app n using it now o/

Off topic....

I've been moving about like a fucking hobo since May, sleeping on friends couches for up to three weeks at a time in order to save money.

Anyone near Ormskirk got a fuckin bed for a couple weeks? I'm tired :(