Mage/Warlock aggro in the end-game raids

OP
T

trancer

Woei! Nice read, interesting comments and quite much the truth. Note that it differs a lot between horde and alliance, having played both I can really notice BoS. Hopefully we will get some nice blue posts in that thread.

OP
G

ppff.

lock + soulstone == improved feign death (cannot be resisted)

OP
M

Malar

I should l2login before posting.

Anyway, its an interesting problem. I don't think it looks that bad for arcane subtelty mages. However locks have pretty much been shafted and I don't think it happened that a lock (not on imp duty) survived a bloodlord fight yet.

On BoS. Aggro was the biggest problem with Vael. Where the comparison is especially evil since windfury cannot be used. The diminished attack power on wrath is hurting windfury effectiveness as well, since it relies on extra attacks to let the warrior generate more hate.

The other big thing is that I have the *feeling* that aggro reducers like the Broodlords knock away or the dragons wing buffets don't reduce hate with a constant number, but with a percentage of total. If this would be true then it would mean that the a part of the extra given by the windfury is lost as well. Making BoS even better.

The tranquel air totem turned out to be a huge disappointment, due to totems only affecting 1 group and that it comes instead of grace of air or windfury (significant dps loss).

ps. Other crazy imbalancing things include bok and fear ward :)