Mage/Shadowpriest Nerf :o

A

Aequitas

This would suck pretty hard for locks as well.

Hope it's a bug.

T

trancer

I saw the thread drop by on the warlock forums where I replied this:

"This will quite likely never be the case for warlocks. If it would be, Blizzard gave us a useless talent in the tree called Fel Concentration. A talent many builds are based upon :p"

If they made drain life interruptable it would be totally useless. Can not imagine it to be the case. Must be a bug :x

G

Sounds like a bug to me. It's not like casting chain Arcane Missiles is overpowered or something.

K

Kravex

Feel our pain OP casters.
Feel our pain :p
(i really hope its not a bug)

G

Kravex said:
Feel our pain OP casters.
Feel our pain :p
(i really hope its not a bug)

What are you comparing it to?

All our instant cast spells are affected by global cooldown, as they should be. Adding a global cooldown at the end of channeled spells is just, well, silly.

Gilbert

Oct 26, 2005
I really dont get why they would do that, this lowers arcane missiles dps, which I find bad already, now the only thing it is good for is stopping runners in pvp :eek:
I dont really use it much except in bwl and on zerkers in zg, but I find it strange anyway :|

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Gilbert said:
I really dont get why they would do that, this lowers arcane missiles dps, which I find bad already, now the only thing it is good for is stopping runners in pvp :eek:
I dont really use it much except in bwl and on zerkers in zg, but I find it strange anyway :|

I think vex already explained why this has to be done.

A

Asmodean

Ok guys.

I was able to join the test realm today and checked some stuff.

1st: I could not validate the global CD after a channeled spell.

2nd: StopSpellCasting() does indeed not work anymore from addons which basically means that ManaConserve from CTRA is screwed (*wink to our healbots)

3rd: StopSpellCasting() still works in macros, therefore instant counterspell or instant Iceblock still work.

4th: And therefore also the "Instant-Dead"-Buttons (aka PoM -> ToEP -> AP -> Firball) are still functional.

5th: Both ToEP and ZHC now trigger a trinket cooldown on eachother which lasts their actual proc time.

Blozzom

Nov 3, 2005
Asmodean said:
2nd: StopSpellCasting() does indeed not work anymore from addons which basically means that ManaConserve from CTRA is screwed (*wink to our healbots)
<shrug> if there's any healer who relies on Mana Conserve to manage his mana pool then he should start thinking of rolling another class. :twisted:
I am pretty sure many people will now switch to slower spells (GH, 2.5sec with talents) which makes manual mana pool management easier as well anyway....

A

Asmodean

Blozzom said:
<shrug> if there's any healer who relies on Mana Conserve to manage his mana pool then he should start thinking of rolling another class. :twisted:
I am pretty sure many people will now switch to slower spells (GH, 2.5sec with talents) which makes manual mana pool management easier as well anyway....

Well. I'm pretty sure that our priests don't rely on ManaConserve but it ofc made some fights easier in the past.

Hom

Aug 30, 2005
From US boards:

Forgive the delay in response, I've been out sick and playing catch up today.

The change where you don't recast the same spell during an existing channel was intentional. This was done to help players by preventing lost effectiveness when they were trying to recast as fast as possible (by mashing the button). The side-effect seems to be less DPS and fewer proc opportunities, which wasn't intentional and what we're currently looking into.

What I'm basically stating is that it is not our intention to nerf the DPS and we're investigating.