Let's talk Warlock specs

Toba

Loves the Leader and the Leader approves.
Aug 19, 2008
Been trying out different specs last few days.
Also we have been discussing it abit in /mm"emo"locks.

The Warlock tree seems stupid to me, and honestly i have no clue about my sepc.
Currently back with the Demo/Desto http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talen .... on&n=Nulix

Would love if you guys would suggest something, and i would gladly try it out !?

Toba

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
Current grapevine has it that full Affliction is the best DPS build for the moment with DS/F&B a good second.

On Thaban I've gone for Affliction (surprise surprise) as it's pretty nice solo as well (something Destro could never claim).
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basic .... 0000000000

A good DS/F&B build would look a bit like this:
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basic .... 1035030050

As I don't play Thaban very often I have just put up some rough builds. Those will work but may need some tweaking here and there. Example: I don't know how useful Imp Felhunter is at the moment so I left it out (I solo with the Voidwalker anyway)

OP
Toba

Toba

Aug 19, 2008
Your affliction build, well can't say much dunno it..

But i would defo go for 10 point in destruction instead og the point you spend in demo..
For cast time and the shadow debuff.. But lile i said i know close 2 nothing about Affliction.

The Desto spec looks very interresting, and i some thing i would try only tweak to get the damage healing instead of nether protection.... It's close to the imba desto/saccer spec that pwned in tbc.

I like the look opf the desto build quite much really :) awesome thanks

Toba

More suggestions ?

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Is there a way to get 2/2 Frailty into that build? A 2 min Demo Shout and the ability to use CoR when we have no Druids (like y'day) is really really good.

Santur

Emo Rap Fan
Oct 9, 2007
Tho I haven't levelled my 'lock to 80 yet I still try to keep up with theorycrafting and it's a proven fact Affliction is the best PvE DPS spec atm :) 51/0/15 + 5 (Haunt+Ruin) would be the baseline spec, with the +5 spent depending on if you lack hit etc.

Get stiffy to answer this, I think he is better up to date with theorycrafting than me :D

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Santur said:
dz7a4p.jpg

Don't you need to change your avatar now btw? Here is one suggestion. xD

sexy%20santa%2014_jpg.jpg

Lebuff

Huge, throbbing Member
May 1, 2007
One of the reasons Affliction is so good is because you can use Inferno without losing some other important buff. On a fight like patchwerk you can even use a doomguard for real ownage.
The use of Inferno puts affliction about 300dps above any other spec assumed that they would be equal otherwise. The difference should be even greater with the doomguard.

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
Toba said:
The Desto spec looks very interresting, and i some thing i would try only tweak to get the damage healing instead of nether protection.... It's close to the imba desto/saccer spec that pwned in tbc.
Generally Soul Leech won't help much in raids. Healers see someone get damage, healers start healing, heal will land before Soul Leech heals you (says experience in both Destro lockage and Healage ;))
If you can get it improved it will save you on lifetap time. That would, however, require you to drop 2 points from something else, not sure if that's worth it.

Santur said:
51/0/15 + 5 (Haunt+Ruin)
Please, please, please use example builds, not just ##/##/##. There's a lot of ways to get 51 in Affliction and some are better then others, we want the best, not just numbers.

Something like this:
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basic .... 0000000000
should improve on DPS. Remember that Frailty is only really useful if you drop Malediction. So it would probably be best to have a (couple of) warlock(s) with Malediction and some with Frailty.

OP
Toba

Toba

Aug 19, 2008
I appreaciate the feedback on Affliction, tho Stivdee doe's such a nice work at it. I won't bother.

I see where you are coming from Croga, and yeah the occasional immune would be quite cool rethinking it.... Im defo going for a spec of that caliber.. IF i can find a high dps spec without needing a pet, i would so do that.. But depends on the output.

If i wanted to waste time on a pet i would play my hunter :p

TOba

OP
Toba

Toba

Aug 19, 2008
My my that one standing to the left.... Got dammit.......

Lebuff

Huge, throbbing Member
May 1, 2007
There's been some extensive math done about Eradication http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.htm .... 1&pageNo=1
Basicly what it says is that the second and third point in Eradication brings only minor improvements.
1 point invested: 2.4%. Benefit from the first point: 2.4% spell haste.
2 points invested: 3.3%. Benefit from the second point: 0.9% spell haste.
3 points invested: 4.0%. Benefit from the third point: 0.7% spell haste.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Tbone said:
Mindfuck_santa_girls.jpg

i actually don't see it :<

Which makes your "LOL guys, I just nailed this 'girl' " stories so much more interesting.

Also, I am still waiting for a reply to my Frailty question.

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
lol @ Lonei not being able to see it even after Ayu giving it away :D