Legendary bow confirmed

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
The legendary bow is indeed named Thori'dal, and the screenshot posted on some forums is true. And since everyone will ask for a proof, here are the spell IDs for some of the bonuses. (The spell names and bonuses are directly from the patch released today)

Thori'dal generates magical arrows when the bow string is drawn. Does not use ammo.

thoridal.jpg

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
How awesome is that, no more ammo pouch :D

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
That thing got nearly as much as DPS as a Wand, nerf! Which might make me feel bad after our Rogues/Warriors outroll the Hunters on it, but just for a little bit <_<

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Ayu said:
That thing got nearly as much as DPS as a Wand, nerf! Which might make me feel bad after our Rogues/Warriors outroll the Hunters on it, but just for a little bit <_<
It's a fair trade for giving Warglaves to the hunters ^

Santur

Emo Rap Fan
Oct 9, 2007
I wonder, since it won't use arrows, if the arrow dps is included in the bow? In that case it's not much :)

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Santur said:
I wonder, since it won't use arrows, if the arrow dps is included in the bow? In that case it's not much :)
Yea should be included, would be odd otherwise, the DPS not high enough? Oo

Santur

Emo Rap Fan
Oct 9, 2007
Well, Timeless Arrows + Black Bow of the Betrayer = 148.8 DPS. A bit better stats on the legendary tho, and it'll be a hell of a lot cheaper :D

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Santur said:
Well, Timeless Arrows + Black Bow of the Betrayer = 148.8 DPS. A bit better stats on the legendary tho, and it'll be a hell of a lot cheaper :D

If you don't want, I'm sure we will find other classes to give it to :p

Scarce

Pet Keeper
Nov 2, 2007
Ayu said:
Santur said:

If you don't want, I'm sure we will find other classes to give it to :p
/shoo

Santur

Emo Rap Fan
Oct 9, 2007
Just remembered Steady Shot doesn't benefit from Arrow DPS, this bow is indeed legendary :D

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Santur said:
Just remembered Steady Shot doesn't benefit from Arrow DPS, this bow is indeed legendary :D
Yea, +150 dmg on steady shot it said somewhere, compared to 4-piece T6 being +100 or so ?

Santur

Emo Rap Fan
Oct 9, 2007
Joyma said:
Santur said:
Yea, +150 dmg on steady shot it said somewhere, compared to 4-piece T6 being +100 or so ?
With 2000 RAP (would be more with T6 loot) and 0 armor target the bow would grant me +163 damage on Steadys, while T6 bonus gives me +80, so that seems about right :)
The T6 bonus will be pretty damn awesome if you get your hands on the bow tho :D Wonder if it's worth breaking for Sunwell armor.

Fuurinji

Oct 22, 2005
Is'nt there any cool legendary weapons for enh shamans that we can DW? Sabetsu! i tell you!!! :<