iPhone games

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
Got Syd Sym yet? :D

What sort of games you after anyway..? Or is it any interesting app?

OP
Tbone

Tbone

Apr 4, 2008
Liverpool
Already bought it, an yeah I'm just after interesting apps really, I cba trolling round the app store trying out the lite versions of everything to find they're all wank.

So I'll let you guys tell me what's cool!

-followingtrendsbone

Ded

is Ded
Mar 4, 2007
TuneIn Radio is good, if you like radio. Redlaser is quite useful, uses the camera to scan barcodes and then search for prices on the item.

Pocket God is fun, harass little natives. Plants vs Zombies, Peggle and Knights are quite good, only games I've really tried to finish on it..

Ummm.. Soundhound is pretty cool, they have a free version too.. lets you find out what music is playing, even if you're just humming it. :D Shazam is similar.

There's a WoW armory one, but I suppose you'd need an active WoW account for it.. also fishing and auction house too, I believe.

My 3G can't do it, but I hear the augmented reality apps can be useful.. those are the ones where you look through the camera and see virtual signposts or such, telling you where everything is in real time.. like a map, but your standing in it. Can do other stuff too, like paste a nude body under a person's head on the cam.. if you're into that sort of thing. Lol..

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Depends what you want to do doesn't it. To be honest, I don't use any apps beside Twitter and Facebook. The Google apps is kinda neat in a "holy shit were living in the future" kinda way, doing web searches with voice commands, but in the long run its a bit of a gimmick, 'cos you feel like a twat speaking search terms out loud to a phone in public, and it's really not that hard to type shit in.

I hear the MSN/Windows Live app is amazing, but I've not tried it myself.

OP
Tbone

Tbone

Apr 4, 2008
Liverpool
I have a lot of free time lately during the day (I'm back to being skint for a change, and in this place it's either drink all day or go back to sleep) so I need names of app games I can fuck about on. Preferably free ones :(

I mean seriously, at one point I was playing Farmville. I'm THAT bored of a daytime....

Help me :(

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
- Sentinel
- Sentinel 2
- Tower madness
- TT Space
- TapDefense
- D. Chronicles
- The Creeps

(there is a theme here, isn't there? ;))

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
If anyone's on Game Center (added in iOS 4.1 update), you can add me: "codemonkey_uk" (if the user name is not recognisable, add a note to let me know you are MM raid/community).

(PS: And really, get Carcassonne, it's fucking great).

Galatea

Oct 28, 2005
If anyone's on Game Center (added in iOS 4.1 update), you can add me: "codemonkey_uk" (if the user name is not recognisable, add a note to let me know you are MM raid/community).

(PS: And really, get Carcassonne, it's fucking great).

I R flowergrrl

Yea, I dont like Carcasonne anymore, nobody makes pretty pictures with me, they are all mean and block me from finishing cities! If you wanna play nice with me, then I'll consider it :p

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Zen Bound is free at the moment, well worth picking up.

Wonderfully elegant, good looking, original puzzle game, uses both accelerometer and touch screen really well.

ZenBound.jpg

zen-bound.jpg

zen-bound-005.png

Gombur

Guild Mascot
Sep 21, 2005
I played that on iPad in an apple store and it was quite cool :D

Another cool little games is Cut The Rope

Catapult Madness was also a lot of fun :)