Interview with some 1.10 info

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Yes since 6-piece Deathmist is farmeable from lvl30 peasants as well :eek:

Anyways, I think it's pretty cool, especially weather effects is something that's been missing from the start.

Hom

Aug 30, 2005
The 6 piece deathmist is the same as the old 3 piece felheart bonus, they removed it as it was causing wipes in instances. Looks like they modified it so the mob doesnt run too far away (walks instead of runs). Still is a risky setpiece in pve if you are pulling in tight areas.

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Was just thinking that, should be fun in ZG :)

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Small Update from Tigole

To clarify one point:

Not all of the dungeons are getting *completely* re-itemized. What weâ??ve been doing is going through some of the higher end dungeons and removing or replacing egregious drops, upgrading existing items or changing drop percentages. For example, there are many Green items in Blackrock Depths that will be removed, replaced or upgraded with blue items. To give another example, Magister Boots will become easier to obtain, as they are being moved off of the Postmaster and into a new, more traveled location.

A

Asmodean

Liandra said:
Because the Magister set is so great! Or something.. :cry:

I'll get the boots then and let them rot at the bank beside all the other magisters crap in order to have 8/8. Yay!

:cry: ^2

Goddamn stupid mage itemization....

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
I wish all the Mages would whine less. Damn cry baby class! :p

Blozzom

Nov 3, 2005
Asmodean said:
Liandra said:
Because the Magister set is so great! Or something.. :cry:

I'll get the boots then and let them rot at the bank beside all the other magisters crap in order to have 8/8. Yay!

:cry: ^2

Goddamn stupid mage itemization....
read the small-print:

"The second adjustment is the ability to upgrade your "blue" dungeon armor sets. The screenshots we've gathered highlight the tooltips that pop when you mouse over the gear, revealing the stat upgrades and bonuses you get from having complete armor sets. Each of these blue armor sets can be upgraded by completing a series of soloable and raid-sized party (5 people) quests."
if I'm not entirely mistaken and my reading-comprehension doesn't let me down this translates to:
"yes guys, all of you who have vendored/disenchanted your blue set will have to re-gather them to be able to run the up-grade quests...."

Devout set farming again plx? :?

Natalya

Oct 22, 2005
Blozzom said:
Yes! Let's start raiding UBRS again with at least 4 priests in the group, all rolling on the Devout robe every 40 runs it actually drops.

Actually I had 7/8 Devout at level 57. Against common belief, farming the pieces isn't a complete waste of time. Most of the set pieces are still with me in the form of an intellect enchant on my staff.

Galatea

Oct 28, 2005
Blozzom said:
Natalya said:
Blozzom said:
Yes! Let's start raiding UBRS again with at least 4 priests in the group, all rolling on the Devout robe every 40 runs it actually drops.
don't forget the shoulders :eek:

I have *never* seen those shoulders drop....

I still have my robe, so I can safely come with you and not roll against you.. but the rest?? :S

Natalya

Oct 22, 2005
Galatea said:
Blozzom said:
Natalya said:
Blozzom said:
don't forget the shoulders :eek:

I have *never* seen those shoulders drop....

I still have my robe, so I can safely come with you and not roll against you.. but the rest?? :S
Really? I got the shoulders on my first or second UBRS run and I'm sure I've seen them drop many times after that. But to this day, I haven't seen Drakki drop any of the cloth robes.

G

Natalya said:
Really? I got the shoulders on my first or second UBRS run and I'm sure I've seen them drop many times after that. But to this day, I haven't seen Drakki drop any of the cloth robes.

He dropped my crappy Magister's Robes on my second run :?

A

Asmodean

Liandra said:
Natalya said:

He dropped my crappy Magister's Robes on my second run :?

He dropped it on my first run iirc and I outrolled another mage by 1. He /cry'ed two hours :p