Innervate changes

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
It seems that whilst nerfing the Spirit mana regeneration Blizz thought it was a bit too much.......

Innervate: This ability has been redesigned to grant 450% of the casting Druid’s base mana pool to the target over 20 seconds.
This means that if any caster druid uses Innervate the target will be at 100% mana after 20 seconds, no matter what they were casting in those 20 seconds.
It also means that even a Feral Druid's Innervate will bring most casters back up to 100% mana.

Now enter Glyph:
Glyph of Innervate: Has been adjusted to grant the Druid 90% of his or her base mana pool over 20 seconds.
This basically means that a caster druid can get both his target as well as himself back up to full mana.

Last raid we had 4 druids. That means 5 healers and a boomkin can use 2 complete mana pools. It's not like we were really struggling for mana but this means I'll probably take MP5 off my gear wishlist.

I'm expecting some kind of mana regen buff for Priests soon, otherwise they'll start feeling left out ;)

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
I doubt that passive regen will be buffed, see the innervate change as another move towards powerful activated regen abilities / cooldowns to replace strong passive regen.

OP
Croga

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
Braque said:
I doubt that passive regen will be buffed, see the innervate change as another move towards powerful activated regen abilities / cooldowns to replace strong passive regen.
I'm not saying passive regen will be buffed.... I'm just saying that priests will most likely get some kind of buff that has to do with mana regeneration....... Maybe the hymn thingy will be buffed or the shadowfiend but I'm quite sure something is going to happen.....

Of course Paladins won't get buffed, they have plate, they don't need buffs :p

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
No regen buffs for paladins? What's this then:

Blessing of Wisdom and Greater Blessing of Wisdom: Now grant 92 mana per 5 seconds to prevent being overwritten by Mana Spring Totem.

IN YOUR FACE WE GOT A EXTRA 1MP5 ON OUR BLESSING!!! WWWOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO

Nicolaco

Count Nicol, III.
Apr 19, 2009
I always innervate someone during fights - until now priority was priests follow by druids . From now on every healer should be imo.
I suggest - as i did already - pick a pair and make a whispering innervate macro for emergency innervate, otherwise is just go random :)
As for innervate on itself as some feral still does and prolly will be more tempted to do form now on - is purely BS imo. Improved LOTP provides enough mana regen while in forms and this is a bonus to already passive raid healing on crits. That justify anyway to take this talent even if u are pure dps spec not only tank spec ( some druids dont take it and move 2 point in a tier 1 talent giving +7% more damage on a rarely use finishing move - barely a maximum 1% in total dps increase) . Same discussion about a pure single player sub 1% dps increase or raid/own survability applies to surival instinct (emergency health button) or +20% healing increase talents - just take care of our healers:)

OP
Croga

Croga

Says funny things =)
Sep 9, 2008
The Hellmouth
I'm pretty sure it's still gonna be the priests that need the external innervate most..... With the new idol I can pretty much spam Rejuvenate and never run out of mana, it's when I start rolling lifeblooms that mana really becomes an issue. Combined with the Innervate glyph I should definately never be targeted for other innervates as I can get myself up by casting it on someone else.

Might start getting useful for me to innervate others so I should probably get some kind of mana monitor tool on my screen :)

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Regen paladins imho, our regen cooldown has a -50% healing 'debuff' so if you can't time it with lulls in the ebb and flow of healing required, then it can be a bit of a gamble to use it. An innervate will guarantee an uninterrupted stream of big heals.

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
I'm sorry :( There's just to much for MIA people :(