Improving graphic performance?

Scarcity

Hacked
Oct 29, 2008
Hey

I brought a new pc which is quite new, its got 2GHZ x 2 Core duo and 2gb ram and 8800GT graphics card also runnin windows xp, when Im in shattrath I get 10fps on high settings with no addon's on etc. Plus I get lag spikes from AoE's which is quite annoying, does anyone have any idea's to improve my fps and tweaks etc :angel:

Thanks again

OP
S

Scarcity

Hacked
Oct 29, 2008
It is brand new lol from PC world, but I get random errors so not sure if there the cause of it?

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
You need to let someone with actual knowledge look at it, it's obviously a mess. Likely needs formatting and a re-install.

Neema

May 8, 2007
Firstly about RAM, 2GB should be enough since you're using WinXP, but I wouldn't set all graphics to high.

And other stuff like background processes might cause some lag, like: anti-virus software, iTunes, etc. (all unnecessary processes should be terminated tbh - anti-virus is necessary, if it's a memory hog (like Norton) try a different solution, for example ESET <3 )

Other than that I don't really know, except keeping your drivers updated, and stuff like that.

Lebuff

Huge, throbbing Member
May 1, 2007
Try with low graphics settings. If your fps doesn't change substantially, something is wrong. Also try running the game in a lower resolution.

Arly

Non-Shouter
Oct 3, 2007
Are you running Photoshop while doing this btw? CS4 atleast uses the gfx card now, doesn't it?

OP
S

Scarcity

Hacked
Oct 29, 2008
I gave up so I re-booted my pc and re-installed WoW, Im getting 20=30fps in Shattrath City with High Settings on, I had 4 viruses that werent removed by norton ><

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
What's wrong with Norton? <_<
I have been virus free since like forever now with that, but maybe I am just lucky (and karma indicates that I will get a keylogger in 3...2...1....)

Arly

Non-Shouter
Oct 3, 2007
Imo it's too bloat & uses too much resources. Or that was my experience with it "back in the days"

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
AVG Free edition is great, never let me down the past 2 years. All the resource-hogging service-happy features are only in the purchased version anyway :p