Illusion

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
Makes me sad tbh :cry: The day my one-hander crits for 1300 on white damage is the day the servers close :<
What was the 2hander he used btw?
And wasn't Illusion a mage before? oO

OP
H

Habit

Using untamed blade afaik.

Don't remember him being a mage always a warrior.

OP
R

Raz

1300 white crits aren't to uncommon. One of the reasons I went back to Arms/Fury was my white 1600-1800 crits in supression room :D

OP
K

Kravex

MS is still way cooler!
nothing beats my 1101 *hits* and 2.7k MS's hrrhrr

OP
G

Kravex said:
MS is still way cooler!
nothing beats my 1101 *hits* and 2.7k MS's hrrhrr
Seen many bosses and trash beat your hits and MS's.... far less seem to beat my FD :lol:

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Why do so many pvp vids show the crits but not the game? He was running round taking out random Horde, ignoring the FC. :<

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
The Mage in question is called Xfusion, not Illusion :roll:

Zermo

Aug 26, 2005
Zyena said:
wasnt he wearing horde pvp armor.... :?

You can change the art files for all items to look like another one, this will make - say, Might shoulders able to look like Netherwinds, if you wanted to. Of course this change only shows on your screen, on everyone elses it'll still look like Might shoulders.

OP
G

Aelin said:
Zyena said:
wasnt he wearing horde pvp armor.... :?

You can change the art files for all items to look like another one, this will make - say, Might shoulders able to look like Netherwinds, if you wanted to. Of course this change only shows on your screen, on everyone elses it'll still look like Might shoulders.
Plus you can get banned for it afaik.

Zermo

Aug 26, 2005
Johras said:

Hm? Why? It doesn't affect anyone but you, and even that is an indifferent change, it'd be like getting banned for using DUF instead of the default WoW unitframes; in fact even smaller, as it doesn't provide any sort of benefit. Then again, this is just my opinion, Blizzard has had obscure rules.

OP
G

Aelin said:
Johras said:

Hm? Why? It doesn't affect anyone but you, and even that is an indifferent change, it'd be like getting banned for using DUF instead of the default WoW unitframes; in fact even smaller, as it doesn't provide any sort of benefit. Then again, this is just my opinion, Blizzard has had obscure rules.
I'm not sure, there is no advantage of having a different model on your screen since it won't change for others. Think it has something to do with changing code. Whereas DUF is an addon instead of changing the game itself?

Ofcourse you could change all armor to bright colors so people are easier to spot or something. But Blizz seem to manage that just fine themselves.... :wink:

OP
G

Aelin said:
Johras said:

This is actually true. There is a section in the Terms of Service about "modifying game files". All changes you can do via "normal" addons are acceptable; making the game show different models (also for example changing the model for Sungrass into pink Un'Goro Soil, or changing loot sparkles) are bannable offenses.

This might be a bit more logical if you realise that changing Sungrass into Un'Goro Soil actually makes a real difference - you can suddenly click the flower from a larger distance. Also, you can suddenly stand on it, making you stand a bit higher than the floor the flower is on. This looks really weird if you are viewed by an unmodified client.

I think it's even possible to change the models of certain un-jump-on-able logs to something with a walkable slope, thus allowing you to reach places you shouldn't be able to reach. This comes close to a teleport hack.

Silly Blizzard and their putting too much stuff in the client instead of in the server....

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Mr. Anonymous is going to blackmail Illusion for some coin now then *cough*

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
This is why they put size restrictions on the replacement models in Counterstrike, back in the day.
The basic idea is, changing a model with another might give you an advantage in i.e. pvp. Kinda hard to hide with the flag, if the opponent has swapped the model of ur breed with one that has a HUGE FUCKING ARROW pointing from the head ^^

Same goes for changing the skins of things, to let it be easier to spot, be it ores, other players, special mobs, etc.

I don't know how or if blizzard can check if u have modified files or added files though. I know there was model replacements for druid shapes, and I tried one for travelshape a lil bit, and I've also seen some asians using the "tigron" models for their catshape, so.....