If you could only follow a single TV show....

Gink

Nov 25, 2005
I'd pick Firefly if there were more seasons, or even a full one.

But, since there isn't, the winner is 'The Wire'.
This scene alone is enough to secure the victory!

[youtube:1zsd3aw2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQbsnSVM1zM[/youtube:1zsd3aw2]

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
Tyche said:
SG Universe? :p
I'm not sold yet, it's like they're trying to capture the essence of shows like Lost and BSG but fail at it.... If they hired some new directors and writers, it could be a great show still though.

Vessy

Puttin the slow in Onslow
Apr 13, 2009
There's just so many shows out there that I wouldn't want to go on without, but in the end I think "Battlestar Galactica" would come out on top closely followed by "Entourage".

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Meh I stopped watching BSG a year or so ago, got so annoyed by how retardedly irrational that main guy acts, the one that's into the blonde? Does it get better? Since I do agree with Bani, there no being any decent sci-fi on, but maybe BSG deserves another chance :p

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
I really liked BSG, so few shows have a "proper" ending since they just continue with the story until they get cancelled with 2 months notice. BSG has a story arc for 4 seasons and follows it through, that's awesome. Plus it had style!

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Ah right didn't realise it ended :p

Just so hate it when shows have leads that behave so ridiculously dumb, the blood under nail thing :<

Vessy

Puttin the slow in Onslow
Apr 13, 2009
I didn't really like Balthar, the character in question, at first either, but there are som many other awesome characters there to make up for that (Saul Tigh, hooo!). Another thing is that as the show goes on and you keep watching you will eventually come to terms with the fact that he's such a deuche and cherish him for beeing one (narcissists are fun!).

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
oh right Balthar, he aggravated me to no end, but he was a good character. Can't like everyone in a show or there'd be no plot :p

DeSoto

Jul 9, 2007
Band of brothers dont count i guess for being mini-series, otherwise easy choice.

The practice, scrubs or lost.

Scrubs for replay value.
nah, on second thought.....

X-files all the way.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Well if those things count, Sarah Connor Chronicles is my vote then for non-sitcom genre.

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Hmm never seen that, it's a western I read, anything to compare it with?

Aston

OIL?! STUPID ANIMALS!
Sep 9, 2005
Can't really think of anything comparable. There were only 3 seasons before it was (stupidly) canceled. Critically was a huge success so no idea what they were thinking to end it. Just one thing, I hope a little swearing doesn't bother you ;)

Seriously, try an episode, really was an awesome show and they were total morons to end it :mat:

Arly

Non-Shouter
Oct 3, 2007
Not sure what to compare it with, but here's a fun fact:
The word "fuck" was said 43 times in the first hour of the show. It has also been reported that the series had a total count of 2980 "fucks" and a cumulative average of 1.56 utterances of "fuck" per minute of footage

Also, Al Swearengen <3