How to post Screenshots

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Since WoW makes screenshots that are 3 MB in size, it would be stupidity to upload them in their original form. Here is a way to convert and upload them - all free :D

Download Irfanview (fast mirror) and install it.

Go to your WoW Screenshot folder (/World of Warcraft/Screenshots/) and doubleclick the *.tga files to start IrfanView. If for any case it should not start, start IrfanView via Start Menu and Open the file in IrfanView again.

Now that the image is loaded, click on File --> Save as.. and choose GIF on the drop down menu. There is no need to change the preset settings so just save the file and voila, you made a 3MB file into a 300KB sized image.

Now go to http://imageshack.us and click on Browse and select the file you want to upload and click on Host it!. That's it. I usually pick the Thumbnails for Forums option, just copy and paste that it and will look like this:

PS: This guide is old men proof.
PPS: This guide is old men in dress proof.

G

Ayu said:
Now that the image is loaded, click on File --> Save as.. and choose GIF on the drop down menu.

This is pretty bad advice :(

I'd go for PNG, or perhaps JPG. GIF is a bad format for images with many colours; it is great for screenshots of Windows applications, but not for WoW.

G

wow iv never known how to post screenshots - thanks MM (at least you alliance are good for something :) )

can finally post screenies on my own guild website :eek:

pulvy (dont worry if you dont know me :cry: )

OP
Ayu

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
You are a dr00dish cow :eek:

Btw, Vex got Asscandy now, so better be prepared for that :p

G

i prefer being refered to as a moose :roll: being called a cow is so derogatory :x

Vex? Asscandy? :eek:

G

someones on the ball - you must have replied in under a minute after my post :eek:

G

oh dear :cry:

ive given up wow for a short while, and when i get back im not pvping again so shouldn't bumb into him there.....also if i stay next to thrall for the duration of my playtime i should be safe enough :eek:

OP
Ayu

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Anonymous said:
oh dear :cry:

ive given up wow for a short while, and when i get back im not pvping again so shouldn't bumb into him there.....also if i stay next to thrall for the duration of my playtime i should be safe enough :eek:

:D

G

you reply almost as quick as the average hordie replies to in-game messages :eek:

G

this speed may be to do with the posting of a single emoticon :)

ahhh...how i love meaningless spam :p

OP
Ayu

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Indeed, welcome to my world. :p

And now plx let me log into WoW :(

G

have fun :)

off to mindlessly spam the next alliance forum on the list.... :p