Fix-my-invite-addon-contest - cash inside!

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Hay guyz :D

You all know I have this amazingly bug-free addon to handle lineups/invites for our raids. There's nothing that works as well, even including the bugs, because it allows me to copy-paste lineups out of the raidplanner directly into the game, and everything else is handled automatically.

The problem is that it locks up invites sometimes, supposedly when people decline/offline while the invite is out, but it just seems random. And the thing is, if it bugs on someone, even manually inviting that person doesn't work anymore, raid disband is the only thing that works.

Latest version is 1.76, it shows here 28 Feb, 2008, but 1.76 is actually way older.
http://wowui.worldofwar.net/?m=2213&p=mod

So anyways, if you feel like a challenge (it might even be very easy to fix), go and release an updated, bug-free, version of this addon.

Reward: 2500g

There's another 2500g in it if you want to add some features ;)

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
I'd do it for honor but I'm rich already :(

That being said, I *am* curious about Visual Studio '08s alleged native support for WoW add-ons :p

edit: if you want any serious offers, I think we would need:

- a detailed feature description
- an example of what exactly you want to copy from eqdkp.

A

Alron

I think I'm on to something, but got to test some stuff when I get home.

Arly

Non-Shouter
Oct 3, 2007
I'm looking a bit on the addon as it is now. It's default user max level is 60, and raid grp size is 40.

Could be usefull if you try to run it with debug enabled and see what kind of error you get also :p

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Bani said:
- an example of what exactly you want to copy from eqdkp.
It already does this, that's why it's some useful :p

I've only got one small feature request currently. When the addon is "active", and someone leaves the group, the addon will automatically start re-inviting them. This is almost never what I want, since it usually happens when someone is replaced. Not sure if it's possible, but ideally the addon would remove people that leave or get kicked from the to-be-invited lineup.

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
If someone can make this shit compatible with patch 3.0.2, I'll shower you in gifts <_<

Toba

Loves the Leader and the Leader approves.
Aug 19, 2008
Hehe yeah wish i was that smart aswell :)

GL with it

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Oh sorry, yea I got it working since today, temp fix, and the author is working on something better apparantly :)

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
Learning how to code addosn for nothing :'( (And I really was! :p)

Z

Zekow

Joyma said:
Oh sorry, yea I got it working since today, temp fix, and the author is working on something better apparantly :)

:confused: guess im 2 late then :p

D

Darkeh

Kow just had it working ^^

anyw just pm him Joy if u need a addon fixed thats what i do :p