Financial Bailout

Lafielle

Apr 14, 2007
You should read up on the Japanese economy some time, all that bubble bursting stuff was to do with the banks and bad loans on an incredible scale. A few have gone bust now 20 years after it happened, a few big banks have been bailed out by the government, but a huge number of other banks are still hiding these massive failed loans and pretending like it never happened.

Of course, in the Japanese system if your business goes tits up and needs to be bailed out you are obligated to ram your sword through your stomach, so I'm not so sure I'd call it a good career choice ;)

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
We don't even have a government and it's bailing out two banks.

Lebuff

Huge, throbbing Member
May 1, 2007
Jazende said:
We don't even have a government and it's bailing out two banks.
Haha :D

Gotta feel sorry for the Japanese. They been in their mess for at least 20 years now. And it still won't go away. Just shows that once you let the lending get out of control the fan will spread the shit like a rocket engine. If you want to find who to blame it is politicians (for pushing for more lending to prop up the economy, good economy = re-election), central bankers (for giving in to other bankers or politicians pressure, or simply being incompetent), lenders of all kinds (for selling loans to people/institutions who can't afford it) and hedgefunds (for turbo-collapsing the system and making huge profits off of it).

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
I am too dumb for this thread so I'll pretend to be part of it by doing this:

:D