Elp :(

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
The patch "MPQs-1\UpdateBaseline\Data#common.MPQ\World\Maps\Azeroth\Azeroth_42_30.adt~Patch(Data#terrain,849059)" could not be applied. (CRC mismatch: expected 0x7fdf82cd, actual 0x84ed94a0.) If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate::pTCApply)

I suck at this sort of stuff, whats that mean?

Santur

Emo Rap Fan
Oct 9, 2007
crc = cyclic redundency check

either it got messed up during the download or it is a bad file

try downloading it from another sorce if possible or a different version

turn off other programs when installing software
uninstall the software before reinstalling it

I hope this helps
Like he said, hope it helps :p

OP
C

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
right...restarted computer...3rd time lucky ><

If it still doesn't work i guess i have to un-install and re-install all of the orignial wow again? :(

M

mylamber

normally thats the best thing to do anyway. Saves alot of problems.

OP
C

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
An error was detected while verifying the contents of the file "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data\common.MPQ". There may be a problem with your system, or with the drive at C:\. You can attempt to install again. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support.

more errors..:(

I can just instal TBC straight after installing original WoW? Or do i ned to install all the inbetween patches first..

OP
C

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
The patch "MPQs-1\UpdateBaseline\Data#common.MPQ\World\Maps\Azeroth\Azeroth_42_30.adt~Patch(Data#terrain,849059)" could not be applied. (CRC mismatch: expected 0x7fdf82cd, actual 0x84ed94a0.) If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate::pTCApply)

Back to the first problem now...so i just have to re-install everything? :(

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Yes. Nuke it and reinstall from scratch. It's a new PC, right? I can't belive you've managed to mess it up already.

Install WoW original disks, and then install TBC, don't try to log/patch WoW in between.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Cronosone said:
I guess i'll be very good at solitare by the end of the night....

I had this problem too. I couldnt figure out why but big patches just fucked up. I solved it by installing the patches in safe mode and it worked like a charm.

Lebuff

Huge, throbbing Member
May 1, 2007
I'm still playing on the Beta-installation. Must be about 3 years now.

OP
C

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
I'm having trouble now just installing the original version of the damn game...i hate vista....

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Cronosone said:
I'm having trouble now just installing the original version of the damn game...i hate vista....

Did you read my previous post? I had the same problems and found a solution.

Galatea

Oct 28, 2005
Cronosone said:
Ayu said:
Cronosone said:

Did you read my previous post? I had the same problems and found a solution.

i'm trying >.>

to lrn to read?

Musn't start on another, must stick to mocking Raynak, Sorry

OP
C

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
:p Gala

I've got the damn game to instal...but now it says 'failed to apply patch, please try later' hm....

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Cronosone said:
:p Gala

I've got the damn game to instal...but now it says 'failed to apply patch, please try later' hm....

Did you try Windows Safe Mode?