Edit: WSG tictacs

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
WSG tictacs

Anyway. 9 zerg midfield / resto druid run and cap solo == rolling noobs, and even then, a semi competent pug can streach out the game for ages with recaps. It's a bad tactic, but one that premades can roll with quite well winning a large number of games simply because pugs straight give up when they see a premade. It's weak to flag room defence (your solo flag runner gets ganked), and it's weak to a strong attack as well (3 dps can gank your druid by CCing or killing the one healer with him). Get lucky and your just reseting the game every 3mins. What's more, it'll get WORSE in 2.4 when the WSG changes come in. FC will take more dmg, and will be on the map sooner.

The tactic i prefer is to start with a full freight assist train offence to pick up the 1st flag. Once you've got it keep it tanked, and keep 2 or 3 healers and 2 or 3 dps defence with the FC (group 1, 5 man flag defence team), and group 2 splits off to recover the alliance flag from the horde FC. Group 2 should have a healer, but doesn't need as much as group 1.

Of course, this is all backed up with "arena" tactics - staying together, CCing + mana burning healers, assist DPSing and kiting.

Easier said than done, and there lots of fine details to think of as well, for each player, but one you've got in the flow you utterly roll pugs without a single death, and you can give decent pvp premades a run for their money as well.

If your running a premade, only beating PuGs is failing. Premades in full S3 are your peers, not an auto-loss you should shrug off.

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
WSG tictacs

Oh and Warriors are fantastic flag carriers. The do good dps under pressure, and and can turtle with def-stance + spell reflect vs casters or disarm/demo shout/TC against melee zerg. Switching as needed. A focused druid can't heal and does poor dps, his only option is to run. A feral druid is a good warrior subsitute, but a resto druid should do what he's good at - healing the FC and kiting if they switch to him. Multiple healers on the FC means you can def at the GY and with 2/3 healers you'll easy get a rez and jump in again before the FC goes down. If they send enough dps to kill a 5 man defence group at th GY their flag is under-defended and fall fast to your dps zerg group 2.

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
WSG tictacs

in summary staying together beats running off on your own, because, at the end of the day a 5 man group beats a solo resto druid

i know resto druids are op, but they only solo wsg vs incompetent teams

E

Elanos

WSG tictacs

We all have our own way of playing a BG, and we tend to stick to that way if we think it works.
You can keep to your tactic whenever you want braque, I have no problem with that, but some people just dislike that tactic since it generally takes more time.

And with that I mean, not in 1 game where it might be better since the other team is playing well, but I mean in total of all games you play.

Imo warriors are just another class who can have alot of health, it doesn't really make them the best flag carriers. And tbh, there isn't such a thing as a best flag carrier anyway.
I will just keep on playing it the way I always do.

Edit: Left out the part that will lead to a guild drama.

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
WSG tictacs

Scouting and queue hopping to avoid other premades also results in mostly quicker games.

Anyway, the thing with tactics is the whole team needs to use them. I thought that was the point of queuing up as a group. To work together.

Nevermind.

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
WSG tictacs

lol @ Gink.

Anyhow, IMHO the problem with any tactic that involves defending is that it prolongates games, even though it might be the better tactic in some cases. It ends up being less fun in most games.

Edit: left out the pictures of me breakdancing.

Cronocious

Mar 24, 2007
WSG tictacs

My personal favourite tactic is 8 people in middle/their gy depending on how sucky they are, and 2 druids just running together with the flag, if you get a well geared resto druid + well geared tanky druid running the flag, they'll never die.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
WSG tictacs

Edit: Removed the praise of wittiness in the post above <3

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
WSG tictacs

Edit: Removed insult directed at Gink, questioning his sexual orientation.

Arly

Non-Shouter
Oct 3, 2007
WSG tictacs

Edit: Added question regarding why Ayu defines all ppl not interested in fat hairy chicks dressed in leather and/or lederhosen as gay.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
WSG tictacs

Edit: Removed the words "Well, screw you too :<" from the post so it is less offensive.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
WSG tictacs

Edit: Removed some useless dots from Cronos post. No, really. <_<