[Declined] Raider application: Moustacho – Turalyon – Frost – Mage

Moustacho

Nov 8, 2018
Tell us about yourself: I'm Moustacho, a mage, former guildie with Arius. But that doesn't say much. 29 years old and a low self-esteem, as well as an advanced level of sarcasm which i sometimes don't understand myself.

Battle Tag: Moustacho#2814

Armoury link (or link wowprogress/raider.io): https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/turalyon/Moustacho
and some weird un-leveled alts, 1 prot warrior is inc

Warcraft Logs: I had some, but that's from 2 expansions ago. (3 but I didn't count WoD)

Your UI in raid combat: I use Elvui, DBM and some other stuff. Its clean and it works.

Why are you applying to MM? How did you hear about us? Do you know anyone here? Current guild is as dead as a.... dead.... person. So yeah. Oh and I would like to do some serious raiding instead of working with people standing in fires, bombs and what not. I know Arius, some rogue with the same roots as me. Well at least from Equilibrity.

Why are you leaving your current guild? If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning?
Probably. The most concerning thing is the awefullness of death guilds. Nah I joined Oasis when I started playing on this server about 7 years ago. Then I hopped from social to social. Equilibrity was the first guild who did somewhat of raiding, some hc stuff but never on top. Which is something I look for.

Raiding experience while current:
A lot of wiping on Madness of Deadwing, or on Professor Putricide. Currently it's mostly pugging because of lack of players in guild. I try to get in higher pugs, but they tend to fail a lot.

What is your main spec? How long have you played this? Currently Frost, I leveled as frost, during Wrath it was faceroll arcane, so I went for that spec. Then it went to Fire, which I had a lot of fun with. During WoD and Legion Frost became valuable as a raid tier, so I went back to Frost. Now I play frost, but I can always switch. The classes are eventually all the same.

What is your stat priority? Explain why. Intellect as it's the biggest buff to SP. After that I would say crit/haste and later mastery. But then again, depends, if I would go for Fire I have to get the crit as high as valuable. Arcane is a longer time ago, but then again, quickly adapting. Although this spec doesn't prefer my playstyle (hate moving without dealing damage)

Why should we bring your class/spec to a raid? What do you feel is the defining feature of your class/spec? Eh.... it's a mage. One of the better dps sources with some mobility and survivability. But then again, that is current tier, next tier might be different. The defining feature is the stuns and movement speed reduction to high damage dealing low hp adds.

What addons do you use to enhance your performance? I use hotkeys with a clean ui. Also DBM, Weakaura's to check my stacks of icycles for Glacial Spike. Also for the CD off Frozen Orb and Icy Veins.

Where do you find the latest information in relation to your class? Wowhead, Icy-veins, MMO-champion, Blizzard websites with patch updates, eh.... internet, google (or for some folks, bing)

What do you do outside of a raid to improve your character, play style and performance? I sit down, relax and listen to music. With some regular raiding, mythics and playing this class for a long time, the min-maxing is more found in relaxation than in continued playing. Also with work and something called life (let's go crazy) that is more of a real dps increase.

Do you ever change around talents depending on the encounter? If so please, give an example.
Oh for sure, Splitting Ice for a multi target fight instead of Comet Storm, although Comet Storm is also valuable. I most of the time use the Ebonbolt-Glacial Spike combo, because of the on-demand Brain Freeze proc. I could also use Chain Reaction and Ray of Frost, but doesn't seem to valuable in most situations. Current Frost spec is not really relying on changes in talents. I also play a lot with Bone Chilling just to have a ranged pet freeze for adds.

What is your offspec? How comfortable would you be if we asked you to raid as your offpsec?
Fire, as in I prefer to play this spec. I could also play Arcane, have done it through Wrath and MoP. Don't care much really, if it is really valluable to push the boss, the switch is made easy.

We raid Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to these times and days?
Wednesdays are not a problem, the other days depend on the mood of my girlfriend. Gotta go if nature calls of course.

Can you accept criticism? If not then do not apply, we frown upon shifting blame a lot more than people admitting to mistakes and improving on it.
o I hate criticism, I'm more of a it's lonely on top person. Of course i can take criticism. But if it's pure flaming, you can simply fuck off. It has to be constructive or else die a miserable death.

Do you have a mic? Do you have a proper setup and internet connection to play the game competitively? Got some Razer gear, GTX1080, dual screen, last years high end pc (already been pushed away with some new cards). Sooo it will all be fine. I'm from the Netherlands so internet connection is also fine, of course always depending on provider (Ziggo)

We all need the occasional raiding day off for various reasons, but we expect these reasons so to be fully disclosed at as early a time as possible to make planning an easier process. Have you any planned absences in the foreseeable future that we should know about?
I get hungry between 9 and 10 in the evening, might go for a small snack. Ehm.... what else. Oh I live on a day by day basis, some concerts etc. etc. just trying to enjoy this, miserable, life.

Do you have anything else to add?
Do i get payed for this? Because, yeah, why not huh? In all seriousnessness, ness, i do take raiding serious. I like to play with a good group and tend to be more focussed. Last years I have been pugging or raiding with, lets say the less fortunate, and I'm really done with that. So I hope to find some sort of solace here. Or not. Whatever. This question list took way to much time, pfoey.

Thanks for considering and as Salvador Dali said: "Give me two hours a day of activity, and I'll take the other twenty-two in dreams."

OP
M

Moustacho

Nov 8, 2018
ReXuwsl

https://imgur.com/a/ReXuwsl
My interface btw

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Thanks for your app, we'll discuss this internally and get back to you.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Thanks again for your app but I'm afraid we cannot offer you a spot due to your lack of raiding experience in the current tier.

As we are doing Mythic progression only as of now we unfortunately cannot fit you in.

OP
M

Moustacho

Nov 8, 2018
Is it possible to be added as a social guild member to allow and grow into the raid tier, raid maybe with your social/alt runs?
Wanted to edit the message, but edit button disappeared....

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Is it possible to be added as a social guild member to allow and grow into the raid tier, raid maybe with your social/alt runs?
Wanted to edit the message, but edit button disappeared.....

That should be possible. Poke an officer ingame for the invite.