Colonel Blotto

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
OP
Braque

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
FYI just had a few tries, best I managed was rank 143 (with strategy name: "stl4").

OP
Braque

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
Nice!

I am working on an Ultimate Plan to Dominate Blotto, but unfortunately, I have work to do now, and my lunch break is over, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow. :p

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
I wrote my thesis on evolutionary algorithms and think they'd dominate this, but unfortunately I am a lazy git!

OP
Braque

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
The problem with that, Bani, is that you'd have to seed your test environment with existing strategies you don't have access too. The pool of opponents weighted by human psychology vs what you'd generate with an algorithm.

PS: I have a simulation of the game running now in the background on my PC using a GA, it very quickly hits a 6-high, 4-low strategy, but beyond that it's just wandering randomly around variations on that theme. The real problem is guessing where people put their "high" numbers, and how "high" you need to be to beat most *people who play*.

Plog

Clevery Guy
Aug 26, 2005
With 2 of my strategies I used to same numbers in different places and it varies quite alot. Rank 263 compared to 150.

OP
Braque

Braque

Dec 14, 2005
The best my offline GA could come up with came in top 50, it's much more about human psychology than maths/logic. My plans for Ultimate Domination of Blotto have failed, but it was a fun diversion anyway.