• Pyrewood Village

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Going RP/PvP/Lok'tar ogar-ing

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Natalya

Oct 22, 2005
Did anyone play during launch? Was it smooth sailing or a proper shitshow with insane login queues and server crashes?

Ertai

Jul 22, 2018
We actually played till around 02:30 ish up to level 8. Unless you were trying to kill a level 11 rare mob while most of your group was level 4. Then you had a bad time.

Team Night Elf did fine and was clearly the superior team

Reactions: Jazende

Menya

Predicts the future: Thera will never get Moon
Staff member
May 4, 2015
Something just seems super familiar here.
WoWScrnShot_082719_141412.jpg

Reactions: Galatea

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
Did anyone play during launch? Was it smooth sailing or a proper shitshow with insane login queues and server crashes?
From what I understand all PVP servers had massive queue's, for the PVE (mirage raceway) I logged in like 10mins before launch and got in basically instantly.

Reactions: Natalya

Jazende

Staff member
May 12, 2008
We'll need some signs but should get that tonight.

OP
Smaj

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Tbh, it's prob half that.... plus.... you can queueu up and go stick dinner on!

Lebuff

Huge, throbbing Member
May 1, 2007
It feels a lot like the original launch. The only two things missing are the constant client crashes and server meltdowns.

Natalya

Oct 22, 2005
I tried again. No queue, made a character, skipped the cinematic, Server shutdown in 1:00
I rate Classic 5/7.
Aww, that sucks.

I was in queue for 45 minutes. Went up 2500 places in that time. Then I left the queue and played for like 5 minutes each, on the two low pop servers. Both of those were also more or less unplayable, with 200 players running around, fighting for the few boar and wolf spawns. Called it a night after that.

Blizzard clarified that the realm statuses are relative. As in compared to the highest populated server. So a server with 6k people in queue could be labeled medium pop, since it has much less players than the top server, which might have 15k people in queue. So technically, there could even be queues on the servers marked as low population....

EDIT: Looks like they just changed the labeling to better represent actual server loads and queues: https://classic.wowhead.com/news=294759/new-wow-classic-realm-population-label-system-hotfix

Last edited:
Reactions: Anshrr

Jazende

Staff member
May 12, 2008
Funny woman, thinking the babies give me more than 1 hour of free time in a row! ;)
I think the point is more that you can start the queue at any point, then you'll be in for when you do have 2 mins away from your hellspawnlittle ones ;)

Aside from that there's obviously the early rush that was predicted and expected by everyone. We're two days in, it's going to take a while before it settles.. but on the other hand the excessive queues will help in this too, if not to deter from playing, also to switch servers.

And lastly It's probably a good thing to have queues for now so there'll be plenty to play with still later down the line and not rely on dirty suboptimal players like night elf priests.