Blizzard's secret announcement analyzed

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Gilbert said:
Saw the vid y'day, really looks awesome, and tbh I think SC will be good too, Blizz really rocks at making games <3

They sure do, but they also really rock at delaying games.

Natalya

Oct 22, 2005
Gombur said:
http://www.petitiononline.com/d3art/petition.html
Kind of agree with some of their points
I don't know. My first impression of the new artistic direction was that it looked pretty slick. Anyway, we've seen so little of the game so far so I wouldn't jump into any conclusions yet.

But as long as the loot is epic and all the drops are 'free-for-all', then it's all good.

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Natalya said:
But as long as the loot is epic and all the drops are 'free-for-all', then it's all good.
It's not, loot will drop per-person actually, which I guess implies only drops you can use will drop for you. Actually, can still sell other drops I guess, did Diablo 2 even have the concept of BOP?

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Yeah, nothing was BoP and very little was class specific I think (Assassin Claws were or something but I never played the expansion more than once for the story).

Natalya

Oct 22, 2005
Joyma said:
It's not, loot will drop per-person actually, which I guess implies only drops you can use will drop for you.
Is this really true? Sucks if it is. :(

D2 was like the mother of all lootwhoring. Everybody gathers around the soon to be dead boss, holds down ALT in anticipation and starts clicking madly on the drops as soon as the boss dies. After everythings been looted, you open up your inventory to see whether it was you who managed to grab that unique item. I mean come on, how awesome was that?

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Yea...sounds great, I never played online, luckily :p

Glad they're fixing that, but I really do somewhat agree with the color style, it should be dark and gloomy.

Natalya

Oct 22, 2005
Joyma said:
I never played online, luckily :p
I just lost what little respect I had for you. It is the greatest online game to date and as the ancient Chinese (gold farmer) proverb goes "one who has not experienced D2 online, has not truly lived".

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Natalya said:
Joyma said:
I just lost what little respect I had for you. It is the greatest online game to date and as the ancient Chinese (gold farmer) proverb goes "one who has not experienced D2 online, has not truly lived".
Well I played it coop on LANs, but not on Battle.net, does that count? :(

Teowen

Jun 23, 2007
Joyma said:
Natalya said:
Joyma said:
Well I played it coop on LANs, but not on Battle.net, does that count? :(

Hell no!

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
NecroWargay.jpg

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Yea when you pay attention to it, that blue/green glow stuff really starts to annoy ><

Arly

Non-Shouter
Oct 3, 2007
Oh lord. How will WoW be now? Joy isnt gonna see shit cause his Brightness is set to too low. :p

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
ArlyKarlsen said:
Oh lord. How will WoW be now? Joy isnt gonna see shit cause his Brightness is set to too low. :p

I assure you, Joyma LoSes healers not by sight but by instinct, so nothing changes.

Blozzom

Nov 3, 2005
too bad I have to wait until 2.4.3 to be able to hand in my pet code for the diablo archangel pet :cry:

OP
Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Blozzom said:
too bad I have to wait until 2.4.3 to be able to hand in my pet code for the diablo archangel pet :cry:
Ah man, I so know which question-asker you were <_<

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Blozzom said:

SUBTLE