Benediction

J

Jullius

I was just wondering how long it took my fellow priests to get this baby.
I'm trying to do the quest at the moment and I find it quite hard. I failed the first time and soon to try my second. I hope to get it this time and wondering how long it took. :)

OP
M

Mick

The few times I tried to do this quest I did not see any NPC at the spot where I think it should have been. So I'm either in the wrong place, or I'm really lucky with being at the right time at the right place. I know it has a 2 hour global cooldown, so I do think it's not me being wrong :wink:
But never tried it, so dunno how long it will take or how hard it is :)

Blozzom

Nov 3, 2005
well, the infamous Benediction quest .... I know some priests who say it was very easy and they did it 1st try .... and then you have ME who needed more like 10 tries (mostly because I died and not because the others died) :cry:

maybe you will find some of the following things useful:
- get loads of Oil of Immolation (I used A LOT)
- get a Thorn buff from a friendly druid
- get a healthstone from a friendly Warlock
- get soulstoned (just in case)
- health/mana regen potions are nice to have
- set max viewing distance
- turn on mob healthbars (v key?)
- move camera so it it's like a bird view

if you DIE during the quest the quest will NOT fail straight away. you can use the soulstone and try to continue.
do not use max level renew, you'll do fine with 2 lvl lower I think (saves mana)

erm, well, that's how I did it.... good luck :wink:

OP
G

Or have some hunter stand there being hit and a warrior to use cables when you die.... eh Joy? :lol:

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Basically get every buff available :)

I think some people tried to position a pala for the aura in the vicinity (but outside of Sweeper spawn range).

OP
J

Jullius

I did some research and it seems they made the quest harder with the 1.8 patch. But on the other hand, demons in winterspring drop de other thingy too. And a party would be nice yes. It seems that the other party members can't move and can't heal you and such. Only there for the auta's and buffs :)

OP
G

Well if it's the same as hunter quest, then moving in and out of range of an aura will cause you to fail. So be careful with auras :)

OP
J

Jullius

By the way, in all my desperation to succes on this quest I downloaded a movie. The priest there used something with he could target. And it was aoe. Is this an engenering mine, or is it the holy water from strat? I'm no engeneer but I can get the holy water from strat :)

Odin

Oct 5, 2005
Johras said:
Well if it's the same as hunter quest, then moving in and out of range of an aura will cause you to fail. So be careful with auras :)

That's wrong, I've helped Kaka and Tom with aura's and it didn't matter when they moved out of range.

Stupid hunters :p

Blozzom

Nov 3, 2005
Jullius said:
By the way, in all my desperation to succes on this quest I downloaded a movie. The priest there used something with he could target. And it was aoe. Is this an engenering mine, or is it the holy water from strat? I'm no engeneer but I can get the holy water from strat :)
you should also be able to use the thornlings from DM to distract the skeletons....

OP
J

Jullius

I still have to do the quest for the mechanical yeti. Dat could come in handy too :)

OP
G

Odin said:
Johras said:

That's wrong, I've helped Kaka and Tom with aura's and it didn't matter when they moved out of range.

Stupid hunters :p

I do my best to keep your filthy aura away from me.. :(

OP
N

Nydia

I made it on my fourth attempt. Had a druid with me for MoTW and thorns

Anyways, i failed atleast two times cause i focused on conserving mana.
Using "cure disease" instead of abolish, and using lower level renew and flash heal spells. This was wrong :oops:
Timing the first major mana pot is also very important.

Abolishing disease and heal the guys in front, which glows purple is 1st priority. Once they are under control, the rest will come by itself methinks..

Used about 15 Oil of immolation and 2 or 3 major mana pots.

OP
T

trancer

Jullius said:
I still have to do the quest for the mechanical yeti. Dat could come in handy too :)

I heard that that will fail your attempt so be careful!

Also get TWO Warlocks with you. One with improved healthstone and one without. You can have two healthstones that way, a really good way to save your ass. Might also want to take some whipper root tuber with you.

Also be careful with pets etc. I tried to bloodpact a priest doing the quest and he failed and dear, that black guy hits hard :(

OP
G

Stumbled upn your site and figured I would lend a hand to fello priest who are struggling with this quest.

After obtaining the Eye of Divinity and the Eye of Shadow the following priest quest is made available:

Obtain the Splinter of Nordrassil.
A guide to completing the Epic Priest quest event

Upon obtaining the eye of divinity from Major Domo

OP
G

And here are my specific pointers.
Chubbs

Here are some pointers that will hopefully make your life easier while doing the quest.

1.Do a test run with no buffs, u will get a good feel for the event and see how much mana and HP help you truly need.

2. Bring Lots of Oil of Immolation(alteast 15-20 per run), it last 15 seconds keep it active as long as there are warriors attacking you.

3. First wave there will be just archers attacking the peasants, so relax and make sure the first thing you do is dispell the disease off of the guys in the front or anyone who has a purple haze cloud over them. This alone can save your quest.

4. Use the Hotkey "V" to see the health Bars on top of everones head. Some people like to use it only when they want to dispell and turn it off when they are healing or vice versa.

5. Use the top view, position the camera to get a birds eye view with your camera, this alone will make your quest much much easier.

6.Starting with wave 2 their will be undead warriors attacking the peasants, As soon as they spawn, Fear them. This will do 2 things,give you some time to settle down and cure disease, and 2 a 2nd wave of undead will spawn and if you have holy nova you can use this now and kill them all in 1 shot, you will basically take out 2 waves of undead Warriors with one Holy Nova.

7. As soon as the peasants are getting close to the light at the end. Throw a renew on any of them that are lower on health and run back to the cave to get ready for the new wave of peasants that will spawn.

8. The only spells you need to have memorized( I used the arrows on the right of our spell bar and used a seperate bar for this event) or will use will be. Renew,Abolish Disease,Power Word Shield(for yourself only),Holy Nova and maybe Flash Heal.
Depending on your +Healing gear your highest level spells will overheal the peasants and will waste your mana. Use atleast 1 rank lower for all your heal spells to conserve mana.
You should honestly have no need to use your flash Heal.
The General Rule is not to let the peasants fall below 30% Health, at 30% 1 renew should keep them alive all the way to the light where they despawn.
Use flash heals on emergency basis for istance you didnt dispell disease quick enough and they are less then 30% health. the 1.5 cast time can be a quest killer.

9.Bring Mana Pots(3min Cooldown), Health Pots(3min Cooldown),Whipper Root Tubers(1 min Cooldown),Night Dragons Breath(1min Cooldown) and Demonic Runes(3min Cooldown) if you can.
--As soon as you get to 90% Mana take your first Night Dragons Breath(if you dont have any let me know, I will go farm them with you and show you how.
-When you get to 75% Mana take your first Major Mana Pot, and if this hasnt gotten you back to 100% mana take a Night
Dragons Breath again.
-Use the Tubers everytime they are up,so every 1 min ( free 700-900 Heal every 1 min.

10.When the Undead Warriors are attacking you and your Holy Nova is down Shield Yourself and make sure the Oil of Immolation buff is active if not take another, they are insta cast and dont have a cooldown timer and dont share a cool down timer with anyhting else.

11. There is two types of Diseases casted on the Peasants, The purple Haze Disease is really Bad and must be cured quickly within about 5-7 seconds or the peasants die.

12. Sometimes instead of a group of warriors spawning only 1 or 2 will spawn, Dont waste you Holy Nova on these, just click on you autoshoot wand and they will die quick, they only have about 50-100 health each.

13. Most important stay calm, the worst part about this quest is there is alot going on, should be alot easier for us cause of our raiding experience. If I had to give you you an example of the pace of the quest, I would say picture us killing one of the dogs in MC and another Dog or Fire Lords adds on the fight. This is what it feels like when we have to be healing several people, dispelling and making sure we keep alive.

14. I would say see if one of our friendly guild Druids will tag along with you,but not on your first run dont waste their time and have them do a couple of things:
-Cast MOTW,Thorns
-Notify you if your life falls below 40%,there is so much going on and sometimes you forget to look at your own life. So a friendly reminder helps alot.
-And most important is if you happen to die, they can rez you and you can still complete the quest if not too many peasants have died.(Make sure the druid stay right next to the Quest Turn in Mob,Remember they can not see her, you must show them where to stand the whole time.

Good Luck, anything you priest need from me just send me a tell in game or ask it here so the other priest can learn from it as well.

Chubbs
Chubbexul
Wrath Guild
Mal"ganis Server

Hom

Aug 30, 2005
One thing I dont see mentioned when I was looking for info on this quest is that a group of priests can complete this quest together.

If you all stand over the quest giver you will be given an option to help the quest starter with the quest and you will also be able to see the peasants and stuff.

- Hom

OP
G

The reason why its not mentioned, is cause its considred an exploit. Priest are trying to keep it off the boards =).

Plus there is no need for it, this quest is easily done by any priest in a raid guild capable of taking down MJD. With your +healing gear alone, and if you happen to have Holy Nova talent this is a cake walk if you read up on the strategy.
Chubbs

Hom

Aug 30, 2005
Ah I thought It was a bit odd that they let that happen. 8)

And I agree Holy nova would have made this quest much easier, my biggest problem wasnt keeping the peasants alive but actually keeping myself alive :p

- Hom