Anyone remember Mizzi?

Whitepaw

Raider
Aug 13, 2012
I was once a nublet in WoW - some will say I still am :)

But back in the day, I was so much more a nub than I am now! Back in 2005, I ran around in Feralas, trying to complete http://www.wowhead.com/quest=27110 to get to http://www.wowhead.com/quest=27111! Why? Because back then, there were extremely few Feral weapons, and you could get one (a 2H mace) by doing this quest.

Anyway, doing this was extremely difficult for me. The quest demanded a kill of the end-boss in the West wing - but to get there, you had to get a key in the East wing! Completing all of this was rather difficult at the time, as Dire Maul was the hardest 5 man in the game, with loot on-par or better than the "epics" from MC. I had green and blue gear and completing this was overwhelming tbh.

I got lucky - I met Mizzi (gnome mage) and Aachen (dorf priest), both lvl 60 like me. Mizzi is from the Netherlands, and so is her boyfriend, who played Aachen. We began chatting about the Dire Maul business, and they offered to help me out! Me as tank, Mizzi as the deeps and Aachen healing, we picked up 2 other ppl and entered East wing.

Now, back then 5 man instances were an adventure. When you entered, it was like reading one of the original fantasy books: Every step potentially lethal, sub-quests within the instance, bosses were hard etc. East wing took time and when we had finished, we wiped in West wing! So, we decided to call it off and return after Christmas hollidays. This meant we pushed completion into mid-January!

After returning from my vacation in India, I logged on a Saturday afternoon to see if Mizzi was around - and received an invite! There she was, Aachen in tow and 2 other ppl to round up the group. We traveled to Feralas and spend the afternoon clearing the West wing of Dire Maul (there were also some GY visits, tbh).

Helping ppl like that and remembering a dungeon run with a complete stranger one month into the future is quite awesome - possibly one of the most awesome things I have ever experienced in WoW.

Mizzi later became a realm-first raider on Turalyon in WotLK with TLW, but then quit the game. I'm asking if anyone of you guys knew her, because she's Dutch - and the toon has gone active again, after years of hibernating.

Merlijn

Shadow Master
Mar 11, 2009
I actually do know her.. It's been a long time ago but when i saw the name I already knew the race and class and knew it's a she. I don't even remember how long ago it was.... May have been BC times or ealier.. All i remember is that she is super friendly and good company. I think she also knew how to mage but then again.. If even Myst can ;)))

OP
Whitepaw

Whitepaw

Raider
Aug 13, 2012
I think she also knew how to mage but then again.. If even Myst can ;)))

Thank God that being mage is so easy - someone has to be able to call stuff out in raids and make drawings of tictacs!

And I don't know if it is Mizzipop - could be she sold the account :(

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Meeting people in Dire Maul and possibly forming long term relationships with them? UNPOSSIBLE.
(Three guesses where most of MM's core is from, how we met and the first 2 guesses don't count.)

OP
Whitepaw

Whitepaw

Raider
Aug 13, 2012
You guys met in Dire Maul????

Let me guess - you all entered the arena area, killed each other off, then decided that you'd form Magnae Mammae just to be able to troll Myst in gchat?

Teraky

Aug 19, 2013
Nice story, it was interesting to read ;) i remember that diremaul issue back then ^^

OP
Whitepaw

Whitepaw

Raider
Aug 13, 2012
Mizzi's main (Serilin, human priest) has been poached by The Phoenix Reborn :(

Something about having been with Njoord in TLW bla bla bla.

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
you're just too slow paw..... should've used that kitty dash !

Merlijn

Shadow Master
Mar 11, 2009
I've just talked to her again and she's asked if she can have a social (backup raider if needed) spot. I've told her that I'd take this up here but imo it'd be great to have her here. Maybe she'll get triggered to raid again during WoD but we'll see when it hits if not then she's still great company :)