[AFKepted] Social Raider application: Kakasaurus – Turalyon – BM – Hunter

Kakasaurus

Raider
Aug 10, 2018
Social Raider application: Kakasaurus – Turalyon – BM – Hunter

Tell us about yourself: I'm a 33y old dude who started playing WoW all the way back when the game came out. I played somewhat 'hardcore' in Classic WoW, but had to tone it down due to studies in BC and WotLK. I ended up quitting WoW just before Cataclysm launched. I've decided to come back for BfA, been back for a couple of weeks or so.

Battle Tag: FlowR#21767

Armoury link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/turalyon/Kakasaurus

Warcraft Logs: Sorry, dont have any as only just came back to WoW

Why are you applying to MM? How did you hear about us? Do you know anyone here?

After the raiding guild I was in Classic WoW disbanded, I ended up raiding with MM as an external raider. I remember a good atmosphere and I remember enjoying myself with you guys back then. This was several years ago and its good to see MM is still going strong. I have always enjoyed raiding, but since I have a family now, I can commit only 1 day a week. When I searched for you guys and found you had a social raider status I thought it was a perfect thing for me, hence the application.

Why are you leaving your current guild? If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning?
Havent been in a raiding guild since WotLK.

I got invited randomly into a guild when I came back to WoW for BfA. It was a social guild, which I left as it was not very social.

I would be very surprised if there was anything concerning in my history.

Raiding experience while current:

Fully cleared MC and BWL in classic. Did patches of AQ and Naxx in classic. Don't recall raiding that much in BC. Did full Karazhan. Might have joined on a Gruul and Magtheridon kill with MM, and a few initial bosses in SC. In WotLK did some of Ulduar and Tournament.

Haven't raided since then, except today I did Hall of Valor through LFG to complete a couple of quests.

Despite the lack of much of recent experience raiding, I am hoping as the new expansion is approaching I would be considered.

What is your main spec? How long have you played this?

I am currently playing BM. I came back to a whole new game and hunter class when I came back 2 weeks ago, but I think I have the gist of how it works now.

What is your offspec? How comfortable would you be if we asked you to raid as your offpsec?

I'll play whatever is going to be the most useful. I've had a good go at all the hunter specs and feel comfortable enough to play them all.

What addons do you use to enhance your performance?
ElvUI
Weak Auras
Deadly Boss Mods
Details!
GTFO

All these were recommended on Icy Veins, so I got them

What do you enjoy doing outside of a raids?

Spending time with the wife and daughter. Going for walks and getting some nice food.

We raid Saturdays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to this?

Yes

Can you accept criticism? If not then do not apply, we frown upon shifting blame a lot more than people admitting to mistakes and improving on it.

I have no issue with criticism, if there is something I can improve to be better than in my eyes that is a good thing if someone points that out to me.

Do you have anything else to add?
No :)

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
I'll let Galatea decide since she is still traumatized by your naked, ugly mug following her through Molten Core.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Accepted for social because Aston remembers you As That Creepy Guy Who Walked Around Naked A Lot.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
I am back! Levelled 2 expansions in a couple of weeks, and still have no clue what I’m doing.

That's basically where you left off, so it's all good.

Last edited:

Menya

Predicts the future: Thera will never get Moon
Staff member
May 4, 2015
I am back! Levelled 2 expansions in a couple of weeks, and still have no clue what I’m doing.
That's how it is supposed to happen. You are doing it right!

Galatea

Oct 28, 2005
I'll let Galatea decide since she is still traumatized by your naked, ugly mug following her through Molten Core.
D'ya know, I must have mentally blocked it out, but now that you remind me.. :eek: OMG RUN!!