ACCEPTED: Raider application: xérø – Thunderhorn – Frost – Mage

Xero

Wizie's Minion
Oct 28, 2017
Tell us about yourself: I'm a 15 year old guy who is very competitive when it comes to games, especially WoW :)

Battle Tag: Djbearzgodx#2558

Armoury link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/thunderhorn/xérø

What traits are your weapons at? Frost weapon - 69 traits
What legendaries have you obtained? Shard of the Exodar, Magtheridon's Banished Bracers, Contained Infernal Core, Ice Time, Belo'vir's Final Stand, Marquee Bindings of the Sun King, Lady Vashj's Grasp, Pyrotex Ignition Cloth, Norgannon's Foresight, Soul of the Archmage, Sephuz's Secret, and last but not least, Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish

Warcraft Logs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/thunderhorn/xérø

Your UI in raid combat: https://imgur.com/a/4qgu6

Why are you applying to MM? I want to be in a guild that does mythic raiding every week as I really enjoy raiding and learning how to defeat each boss.
How did you hear about us? I saw this guild recruiting on the wowhead discord.
Do you know anyone here? Nope

Why are you leaving your current guild? I want to be able to raid every week, but sadly not everyone in my guild are as active as some, so in recent weeks, we have been skipping raid nights because of not enough people.
If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning? Not that I'm aware of :)

Raiding experience while current: I started casually raiding at the start of legion, then that became serious raiding when nighthold came out, I'm currently 3/9 mythic.

What is your main spec? Frost Mage
How long have you played this? Since Warlords of Draenor

What is your stat priority? Explain why. Crit - haste - vers, crit being needed at around 33% due to the passive ability ' Shatter ' which increases the crit chance on frozen targets by 1.5 then adds another 50% crit chance, so 33 * 1.5 = 49.5 then + 50 = 99.5% crit chance while the target is frozen allowing ice lance to crit for 3 seconds after using flurry. After crit is haste, because obviously, the higher the haste, the faster you can pump out dps, then vers just for the increased dmg on spells.

Why should we bring your class/spec to a raid? Frost mage is very good for slowing mobs when needed or for example soaking armageddon on kil'jaeden, or kiting the flaming orb. The same can be done for other bosses too where soaking is needed, like on Goroth if solo soaking is needed for Rain of Brimstone or on Fallen Avatar when solo soaking is needed for Dark Marks and so on.

What do you feel is the defining feature of your class/spec?
The ability to slow as many mobs as you want, the ability to blink to a position if you need to be there asap, or for kiting something.

What addons do you use to enhance your performance? Skada and DBM

Where do you find the latest information in relation to your class? WoWhead or advanced mythic raiders on youtube

What do you do outside of a raid to improve your character, play style and performance? LFR, normal + heroic raids ( Nighthold + ToS ) , mythic+

Do you ever change around talents depending on the encounter? If so please, give an example. Nope, i use the same talents for most things.

What is your offspec? How comfortable would you be if we asked you to raid as your offpsec?
Fire mage, i'm not too comfortable but i know the basics of it.

We raid Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to these times and days? Yup, i usually do homework for school, in school, so i don't have to do it at home, so i'm always playing WoW when im not at school.

Can you accept criticism? If not then do not apply, we frown upon shifting blame a lot more than people admitting to mistakes and improving on it. Yeah, i get it all the time.

Do you have a mic? Yes, i can use it if needed, but im a bit shy, so if i don't need to speak, i won't :)
Do you have a proper setup and internet connection to play the game competitively?
(that is, at least 30 and ideally more fps in raids)
Yeah, i have a PC that allows my fps to be around 35+ in raids

We all need the occasional raiding day off for various reasons, but we expect these reasons so to be fully disclosed at as early a time as possible to make planning an easier process. Have you any planned absences in the foreseeable future that we should know about? Nope, I don't really have a social life so i should be able to attend every raid. :)

Do you have anything else to add?
Nope, thats all! ;D

Last edited by a moderator:

Wizie

Trinkets, yes. Pretty trinkets! Great power.
Nov 6, 2016
Hello Xero!

Thank you for your application, we'll discuss it and get back to you soon:)

Regards,
Wizie

Wizie

Trinkets, yes. Pretty trinkets! Great power.
Nov 6, 2016
Hey Xérø!

We've decided to offer you a trial spot.
Should be noted that we'll be extending ToS until the end of the Tier, so be prepared for that.

Just let us know when you've transferred and we can get you invited!
Hope to see you soon:)

Regards,
Wizie

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Always Smaj.

Got issues with the guild? Tell Smaj.
Can't make a raid? Tell Smaj.
Stubbed your toe and need to vent? Definitely tell Smaj.

Reactions: Antishadow