[Accepted] Raider Application: Wyspera - Silvermoon - Shadow - Priest

Kresyda

Aug 10, 2018
Tell us about yourself:
I am a 34yo Welsh Woman, Single mother of 3 roudy girls. I enjoy Ice Hockey, Swimming, long walks on the beach...wait a sec this isn't Tinder :confused: lol
On a serious note i have been playing WoW Since TBC a couple of weeks into it's launch and I have been on and off ever since. Accomplished many achievements and Feats along the way and some of them i am quite proud of.

Battle Tag: Kresyda#2661

Armoury link (or link wowprogress/raider.io): (log out in main spec gear and include any relevant alts)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/silvermoon/Wyspera - Priest
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/silvermoon/Nazaya - Shaman
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/silvermoon/Kresyda - Demon Hunter

Warcraft Logs: Sadly none, I tried to find some recent ones from Antorus runs but their all deleted. Apologies for this.

Your UI in raid combat:
https://imgur.com/a/DBH3t91

Why are you applying to MM? How did you hear about us? Do you know anyone here?
I enquired in game after reading WoW Progress, spoke with a few of you and it feels like i have been missing out all these years, MM feels like a very mature, dedicated community with helpful people, which these days is very hard to come by. I do not know anyone in MM, but would very much like to.

Why are you leaving your current guild? If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning?
I left my last guild "Flex Army", due to not only having IRL issues which drew me away from the game for a few months, but it didn't seem to be getting very far, many of our core members wouldn't log on for progress and it was a challenge to raid on expected days/times.

Raiding experience while current:
Vanilla - Cleared
TBC - Cleared
WotLK - Cleared
Realm First: Obsidian Sanctum, Eye of Eterniry, Ulduar and Trial of the Crusader.
Cata - Cleared, Legendary Staff and Daggers.
MoP - Cutting Edge
WoD - Cutting Edge
Legion Cutting Edge EN, ToV 2/3M, NH 0/10M, Tomb 1/9M, Antorus 5/11M.
Explination of gaps: towards the end of ToV a guild i was in on Ravencrest decided to "trial their friends" and most of the roster was put out for this. Sadly throughout NH i was excluded and finding a new guild at the time was difficult considering that these achievements were done on my Enhance Shaman. Noone needed them at the time, Tomb was the same it was then i realised i needed to change over i started playing a DH but noone needed them so i started my Shadow Priest in Flex Army by the time it got good enough Antorus was released, took it through heroic when the guild needed my Shaman it was a little bit like mind games with them on what char they actually needed me on, too much messing about for everyone not just myself in the end I believe it is what drove the core of the guild apart.

What is your main spec? How long have you played this?
My main spec is Shadow, only started playing when Antorus was released i rerolled to benefit the guild roster.

What is your stat priority? Explain why.
Mastery - Crit - Haste
Mastery increases all shadow damage done.

Why should we bring your class/spec to a raid? What do you feel is the defining feature of your class/spec?
Priests have encountered a lot of changes with their specs and sometimes not for the better, but I am confident in saying that Shadow Priests are still Heavy Spell Damage Dealers. I personally have brought some form benefit to a raid be it a quick dispel/mass dispel, shield, even in shadow spec, Vampiric Embrace helps also.

What addons do you use to enhance your performance?
  • Weakauras
  • DBM
  • ElvUI
  • Details
  • Hekili
  • RCLootCouncil
I like to keep my addons sweet and simple, there's nothing more disgusting than having an interface so cluttered you can't see where you're running, i say i've done pretty well with them.

Where do you find the latest information in relation to your class?

Priest Discord Channel seems to be my main source, but i do venture on mmo -champion also.

What do you do outside of a raid to improve your character, play style and performance?
Watch Kill videos, always checking Logs on spell damages and talents, test some theories on LFR or dungeons. M+ is very fun to me, when i can actually get a group (nobody likes me *sadface*).

Do you ever change around talents depending on the encounter? If so please, give an example.
I have done in past raids, example: i tried the theory of Surrender to Madness on a Goroth encounter, i ended up dead but so did he *winning*.

What is your offspec? How comfortable would you be if we asked you to raid as your offpsec?
Holy, I don't mind playing this what so ever. Not as confident as i would like to be as discipline considering it used to be my favorite. I can adapt to any change pretty well with specs, talents etc, but never did very well with this.

We raid Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to these times and days?
Absolutely, seems skeptical with me saying I have 3 Girls but rest assured I have it under control, and ready to commit.

Can you accept criticism? If not then do not apply, we frown upon shifting blame a lot more than people admitting to mistakes and improving on it.
Criticism to me is a form of advice, if something needs doing but I should do it wrong somehow i like to be told so i can do it right next time.

Do you have a mic? Do you have a proper setup and internet connection to play the game competitively? (that is, at least 30 and ideally more fps in raids)
Yes and Yes

We all need the occasional raiding day off for various reasons, but we expect these reasons so to be fully disclosed at as early a time as possible to make planning an easier process. Have you any planned absences in the foreseeable future that we should know about?
I am going to put out there that I am hoping to move home in the near future, currently looking in the market and should one become available and i am accepted I would need to take a short leave so that i can move and set my ISP in the new property. The process should not take long hopefully, but it is a heads up before hand.

Do you have anything else to add?
Should I be unsuccessful in becoming a trial, I would very much like to join as a social raider instead. It would be very nice to be in a guild that seems so friendly, mature and down to earth as from the few that I have spoken with.
Thank you for taking the time in readin my application, I hope to hear from you soon.

Reactions: MatDaemon
OP
Kresyda

Kresyda

Aug 10, 2018
Thank You, For so little I have everything I need, nothing worse than a cluttered UI :)