[ACCEPTED] Raider application: Leonhardt – Doomhammer/Turalyon – Resto - Druid

Leonhardt

Apr 9, 2018
Tell us about yourself:
I am a 23 year old female, currently at University studying Medicine and Mathematics. I spend the majority my free time in the afternoons/evenings playing WoW. I also enjoy Drawing, Piano, Violin, Cycling, Walking, Squash and Chess. I have played since vanilla, where I played with my Dad and have raided since the first raid UBRS10. I am currently looking for a permanent WoW home to do some mythic raiding and mythic plus. The Druid I'm applying on is a reroll I wish to stick to for BFA, I switched to DPS for Legion just to mix stuff up and have decided to go back. I have played a Resto Druid for the entirety of TBC, WotLK and MoP. Cataclysm I mostly played a HPally and Warlock, WoD I played a HPally.

Battle Tag:
Leonhardt#21687

Armoury link: (log out in main spec gear and include any relevant alts)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/doomhammer/leonhardt

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/silvermoon/radaney

What traits are your weapons at? What legendaries have you obtained?
Resto: 75, Prydaz and Velen's.
Balance: 75, Oneth's Intuition and KJC.
Feral: 58,
Guardian: 73, Oakheart's Puny Quods.

Warcraft Logs:
Unfortunately I have no decent logs for my Druid but I have these for my DK which I've been playing before changing to Druid;

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/16357244/17#metric=dps

Your UI in raid combat:
https://imgur.com/zpfeARH
https://imgur.com/f1rU5Qu

Why are you applying to MM? How did you hear about us? Do you know anyone here?
I spoke to Smaj#2700 who referred me here. Ever since I left my decent guild at the end of MoP I've been kinda lost, raiding pretty casually and I haven't really been able to reach the progress levels I wanted to or feel I can perform at. I feel like this guild will be a good chance to get there again and be a good permanent home to stay in.

Why are you leaving your current guild? If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning?
Don't have a current guild, my Nighthold guild disbanded because the GM had a heart attack and he was friends with the Officers in real life and they stopped playing.

Raiding experience while current:
My past experience is as follows, all clears are as current content and hard modes included unless stated otherwise:

Vanilla -

UBRS - Fully Completed
Zul'Gurub - Fully Completed
Onyxia's Lair - Completed
Molten Core - Fully Completed
Blackwing Lair - Fully Completed
Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj - Fully Completed
Temple of Ahn'Qiraj - Fully Completed
Naxxramas - 4/19

TBC -

Karazhan - Fully Completed
Zul'Aman - Fully Completed
Gruul's Lair - Fully Completed
Magtheridon's Lair - Fully Completed
Serpentshrine Cavern - Fully Completed
Tempest Keep - Fully Completed
Hyjal - Fully Completed
Black Temple - Fully Completed
Sunwell Plateau - 4/6

Wrath of the Lich King -

The Eye of Eternity 10/25 - Fully Completed
The Obsidian Sanctum 10/25 - Fully Completed + Hard Mode
Naxxramas 10/25 - Fully Completed + Undying.
Ulduar 10/25 - Fully Completed + Herald + Hard Modes + 1 Light
Trial of the Crusader 10/25 - Fully Completed + Tribute to Insanity 10
Icecrown Citadel 10/25 - Fully Completed
Ruby Sanctum - Completed

Cataclysm -

Throne of the Four Winds - Fully Completed
Blackwing Descent 10/25 - Fully Completed
Bastion of Twilight 10/25 - Fully Completed + Dragonslayer
Firelands 10/25 - Fully Completed
Dragon Soul - 0/7

Mists of Pandaria (over all characters) -

Challenge Modes - 9/9 Gold as a Resto Druid, no boost. Comp was Monk Tank, Druid Healer, Shaman DPS, Mage DPS, Hunter DPS.
Completed on every class.

Mogu'shan Vaults 10 - 6/6 normal
Heart of Fear 10 - 5/6 normal
Terrace of Endless Spring 10 - 3/4 normal
Throne of Thunder 10/25 - Fully Completed
Siege of Orgrimmar - Fully Completed

Warlords of Draenor (over all characters) -

Highmaul - 7/7 normal, 7/7 heroic, 2/7 mythic.
Blackrock Foundry - 10/10 normal, 10/10 heroic, 2/10 mythic.
Hellfire Citadel - 13/13 normal, 13/13 heroic, 5/13 mythic.

Legion (over all characters) -

Emerald Nightmare - Fully Completed
Trial of Valor - 3/3 normal, 3/3 heroic, 2/3 mythic
Nighthold - 10/10 normal, 10/10 heroic, 8/10 mythic
Tomb - 9/9 normal, 9/9 heroic, 5/9 mythic
ABT - Currently 11/11 normal, 11/11 heroic, 2/11 mythic

What is your main spec? How long have you played this?
Resto, I have played it on and off since TBC.

What is your stat priority? Explain why.
Mastery > Haste = Crit. Although Resto Druid weights are usually close enough that +ilevel is an upgrade.

• Mastery scales well in all situations and because almost all Resto Druid spells utilise it.
  • Haste grants more HoT ticks per cast, good for overall healing and affects almost all of our spells.
  • With Crit our spells can do double healing, procs Living Seed passive and each HoT tick can individually crit which scales well.

Why should we bring your class/spec to a raid? What do you feel is the defining feature of your class/spec?
Resto Druids can cast whilst moving due to their instant cast HoTs and Tranquillity. They have a good defensive with Bear Form + Frenzied Regen. They have a Blink and Cat Form and Dash. Efflorescence is insane of stand still fights like Varimathras. Good tank healing when you fully DoT them up. Decent raid healing with Rejuv blanketing and Wild Growth alongside their healing cooldowns and Velens

What addons do you use to enhance your performance?
  • DBM so I don't really have to use my brain playing the game.
  • WA for boss specific timers and mechanics, alongside class specific timers.
  • Vuhdo for my healing meters and raid frames.
  • Exorsus + Angry Assignments for misc tactic stuff

Where do you find the latest information in relation to your class?
Icyveins
MMO-C
Dreamgrove Discord Channel
Sometimes wowhead although their guide doesn't seem great for Resto Druid.

What do you do outside of a raid to improve your character, play style and performance?
Unfortunately I try to avoid pugging in general at all costs as it makes me want to nail gun into my retina's.
I love Mythic+. I also do a lot of general research on Warcraftlogs, Wowhead, Discord, MMO-C for news and keeping in tune with class discussion and changes.

Do you ever change around talents depending on the encounter? If so please, give an example.
Yes, it's pretty standard in Legion. An example would be using Spring Blossoms, which makes Efflorescence stronger instead of Germination on Heroic Argus and Heroic/Mythic Varimthras as the group tends to stay stacked for a large portion of the fight thus making Spring Blossoms very effective.

What is your offspec? How comfortable would you be if we asked you to raid as your offpsec?
Balance, I have a lot to learn on Balance because it changed in Legion and thus I have no previous experience from previous expansions to transfer to it. I only have 1 decent legendary for it too. But I think my general game sense due to playing the game for a long time would make me passable at it if I was to play it even now without much practice.

We raid Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to these times and days?
Yes.

Can you accept criticism? If not then do not apply, we frown upon shifting blame a lot more than people admitting to mistakes and improving on it.
Yes as long as it's constructive and I'm told how to fix myself instead of someone frothing at the mouth just raging at me or something.

Do you have a mic? Do you have a proper setup and internet connection to play the game competitively? (that is, at least 30 and ideally more fps in raids)
Yes

We all need the occasional raiding day off for various reasons, but we expect these reasons so to be fully disclosed at as early a time as possible to make planning an easier process. Have you any planned absences in the foreseeable future that we should know about?
Nope, might go on holiday at the start of August just before BFA launches.

Do you have anything else to add?
If my gear is too low for you're current progress (although Smaj seemed to say it was ok) I'd at least like to be considered for the next expansion which is very soon.

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Hey Leonhardt,

Thanks for your application! We'll discuss it and get back to you soon.

Kind regards,
Smaj

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Hey again,

Just a quick note to say..... welcome! We're accepting you for trial, but it will likely be more DPS focussed until BfA.

Kind regards,
Smaj