[ACCEPTED] Raider Application - Ertaí - Nagrand - Retribution - Paladin

Ertai

Jul 22, 2018
Tell us about yourself:
My name is Sebastiaan and i live in a cozy appartment with a great view on the city from the 17th floor. I live there with my GF and 2 pets (rabbits) and i love to watch sports over the weekend (football). I'm an avid gamer on both the PC as well as on console.

Battle Tag:
Ertai#1368

Armoury link: (log out in main spec gear and include any relevant alts)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/nagrand/Ertaí

What traits are your weapons at? What legendaries have you obtained?
Sadly, the power of Sargeras' weapon has depleted my Ashbringer. I have all legendaries bar 3 for my holy spec (Maraad's Dying Breath, Ilterendi Crown Jewel of Silvermoon and Velen's Future Sight are the ones i miss for holy)

Warcraft Logs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/nagrand/ertaí# Most of these logs are outdated since it's been a while

Your UI in raid combat:
https://abload.de/img/wowscrnshot_071618_23t8qea.jpg

Why are you applying to MM? How did you hear about us? Do you know anyone here?
I found you on WoWprogress and your stable WoW history appealed to me so I decided to take my chances and apply to you. As far as i'm aware, i do not know anyone in your guild

Why are you leaving your current guild? If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning?
I am currently in Memes of Vengeance which only raids heroic raiding content. I have been in this guild for the entirety of Legion. I have the ambition to raid mythic content again and this is something Memes of Vengeance cannot facilitate so as such i'm looking for a new home.

Through the years i have been part of many guilds as might be expected during a 14 year playtime. Most notable guilds are: Renegade during vanilla/early TBC. Unleash and Guilty as Sin during mid-TBC and early WotLK. Sinisters during mid to late WotLK. Guilty as Sin again during early to mid Cataclysm. Prophecy during late Cataclysm. Minerva during MoP. Emerald Eternity/Memes of Vengeance (guild name change) during WoD and Legion. All those guilds disbanded and came to an end which forced me to move on. I never left a guild early on for greener pastures.

Raiding experience while current:
Vanilla: Cleared everything except C'thun. Managed to reach phase 2 but never killed him. In Naxxramas we managed to kill 5 bosses. (Anub'rekhan, Grand Widow Faerlina, Maexxna, Noth the Plaguebringer and Instructor Razuvious.

TBC: Cleared everything.

Wrath of the Lich King: Cleared everything on Heroic. Earned The Immortal, The Undying, Herald of the Titans, Tribute to Insanity, He Feeds on Your Tears and Conqueror/Champion of Ulduar achievements.

Cataclysm: Cleared everything on Heroic

Mists of Pandaria: Cleared Mogu'Shan Vaults on Heroic and got Cutting Edge achievement. Did not clear Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Springs on heroic while it was current. Throne of Thunder cleared up to Iron Qon on Heroic and up to Siegemaster Blackfuse in Siege of Orgrimmar Heroic.

Warlords of Draenor: Cleared Highmaul on normal with 2 bosses on Mythic. Cleared 5 bosses on Mythic in Blackrock Foundry and just 1 on Mythic in Hellfire Citadel

Legion: Cleared everything on heroic while it was current. Did the mage tower challenge on 4/4/2017 as retribution which was 1 day after the mage tower's first appearance.

What is your main spec? How long have you played this?
I have been playing this game since it first came out in 2004. I have played paladin for the entirety of my WoW career starting out as a holy paladin in vanilla and switching to retribution in the Burning Crusade expansion when Sunwell came out. I briefly healed again on the M'uru encounter as retribution wasn't viable at all for that encounter. I have played retribution as a main spec since then with the occasional switch to other specs if the raid required it.

What is your stat priority? Explain why.
Generally speaking you want haste up to around 26%. Around that point haste becomes as valuable as mastery. As far as versatility and crit are concerned they are largely interchangeable. Simcraft is there to tell you what stat priority is applicable for you. In Legion it has always been a mixed bag depending on the gear you wear in terms of stat weights and it can fluctuate greatly. For BfA it should largely be the same but mastery should take a small hit in its value making it less desireable compared to other stats.

The haste aspect is due to how it works in tandem with your abilities. At a certain value it loses it's relative value because of the diminishing returns.

Why should we bring your class/spec to a raid? What do you feel is the defining feature of your class/spec?
Retribution paladins always bring good utility to raids in terms of Blessings (Freedom, protection, Wisdom, Kings) and have great survivability as well as great on demand movement increase. The buffing and protection of their allies has always been the defining feature of retribution paladins all the way back to BC. The added versatility in regards to spec swapping also opens up options for raid groups.

What addons do you use to enhance your performance?
DBM
Z-perl unitframes
OmniCC
Skada
Tidy Plates
WeakAuras V2
Simcraft

Where do you find the latest information in relation to your class?
MMO-champion and its forum subclass and the Paladin Discord group, Hammer of Wrath

What do you do outside of a raid to improve your character, play style and performance?
I try to run as many Mythic+ dungeons as i can in order to improve my gear and thus my performance. I regularly use Simcraft to analyse my gear whether or not it's still properly enchanted/gemmed in the off chance gear pieces have changed my stat weights around and whether or not a different combination of gear could provide better results. I am always excited and looking forward to challenges like the Mage Tower to test my abilities.

Do you ever change around talents depending on the encounter? If so please, give an example.
Depending on what's needed for a specific encounter i swap some talents around. If for example single target DPS is the most important i keep the "tradidional" spec but if for example AoE damage becomes a bigger factor in the encounter i could swap the Divine Judgment talent.

What is your offspec? How comfortable would you be if we asked you to raid as your offpsec?

Over the years i have played all specs of the Paladin class. Protection a bit more than holy and in the previous expansion i even maintanked for a bit as the guild required it. I'm pretty comfortable filling out multiple roles.

We raid Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to these times and days?
Yes, this should not be a problem

Can you accept criticism? If not then do not apply, we frown upon shifting blame a lot more than people admitting to mistakes and improving on it.
Yes, if i make a mistake i own up to it and if it's not completely obvious what went wrong i analyse the logs to see what went wrong and try to improve on it.

Do you have a mic? Do you have a proper setup and internet connection to play the game competitively? (that is, at least 30 and ideally more fps in raids)
Yes

We all need the occasional raiding day off for various reasons, but we expect these reasons so to be fully disclosed at as early a time as possible to make planning an easier process. Have you any planned absences in the foreseeable future that we should know about?
No, i have already been on my vacation and my next vacation is the 2 weeks i took off work for the BFA launch so i can throw everything i have at BFA

Do you have anything else to add?

What i lack on recent experience i try to compensate by dedication. The transition to a new expansion levels the playing field a bit and puts a lot of people on the same level. Through dedication and performance i hope to prove myself that i can be a worthy addition to Augmented. Even though it's been a while i know what it's like to perform at a high level. Thank you for taking the time to read my application and if there are any questions, please don't hesitate to ask them.

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Hey Ertai,

Many thanks for your application. We'll discuss it and get back to you soon.

Kind regards,
Smaj

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Hi Ertai,

We've decided to accept you for trial. Please give one of our officers a shout for a guild invite.

Kind regards,
Smaj

OP
Ertai

Ertai

Jul 22, 2018
Thanks a lot. I only just found out yesterday as i expected a automated mail to hit my inbox which it did not. I'll get my affairs in order and make the transfer ASAP.