Accepted - Raider application - Elithi Ravencrest - Balance druid

Kupi

Elithi
Dec 21, 2018
Tell us about yourself: Hi, my name is Isac and I'm from Sweden. I've been playing World of Warcraft since somewhere mid TBC, taking two real breaks from the game, one throughout ~60-70% of Cata and one halfway through Blackrock Foundry, only to come back rather late in legion. During this time I've been playing mostly druid, with the primary break being my warlock in MoP.

Battle Tag: Kupi#21296

Armoury link (or link wowprogress/raider.io):
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/ravencrest/Elithi
https://raider.io/characters/eu/ravencrest/Elithi

Old characters which I raided on:
WoD druid: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/the-venture-co/Audri
MoP warlock: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/the-venture-co/Alleina

Warcraft Logs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/ravencrest/elithi

Your UI in raid combat:
I've never gotten into modifying my UI that much and have used the base one since I started. The only things I've added are potential weak auras if I found them necessary, and DBM. Although I have been debating getting one fixed sometime, I just need to bring myself to do it.

Why are you applying to MM? How did you hear about us? Do you know anyone here?
I've been a friend with Hanjal in the guild for quite some time and when I came back to world of warcraft after my break when my old guild died back in WoD, I ended up getting into the same raiding group. However, now that that raid group isn't alive anymore, I'm in need of a new home and figured this would be a good place to start when he said he'd go back to you, together with the words he's said about the guild.

Why are you leaving your current guild? If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning?
I'm leaving my current guild because it died when the raid group died. Our raid leader ended up moving to a different guild and none else wanted to fill that role, which lead to the death of the raid group and the guild.
As for the only other guild I've raided actively in before, I stayed there for about a month after that guild ended up dying to the WoD expansion as more and more people lost interest in playing at the time.

Raiding experience while current:
10/13 HC Throne of Thunder (As in mythic in current standards)
14/14 HC Siege of Orgrimmar (As in mythic in current standards)
5/7 Mythic Highmaul
10/10 HC, 2/10 Mythic Blackrock Foundry (where my old guild died from too many quitting the game)
4/8 Mythic Uldir

What is your main spec? How long have you played this?
I've primarily been playing druid since Wrath, with the only real break from it being my main being in MoP. During this time, I've spent most of my time playing as a balance druid with resto as my offspec, although those have gotten a lot closer over the years.

What is your stat priority? Explain why.
Haste >= Mastery > Crit > Versatility
Haste provides with more astral power which enables more casts of Starsurge and Starfall, both of which are the "big spells" for balance druids, and being able to get more of them out is key.
Mastery ended up moving up the priority list as it increases the damage of basically everything you do as a balance druid. At the start of the expansion, it only gave partial effect for some of your spells however, with the biggest one being Starsurge. However, with some damage increases to it and making all spells scale fully from mastery, it climbed up to being almost on par with Haste.
Crit is sort of self explanatory. Chance for bigger damage. Used to be the second best stat but got overtaken by Mastery.
And same with Versatility. Increase to all your damage spells but it just doesn't do the same numbers as the other stats.

Why should we bring your class/spec to a raid? What do you feel is the defining feature of your class/spec?
- First of all, balance druids damage is in a pretty decent place right now which always helps, it just requires some time to get going at times.
- We've got some great potential add control with both Solar beam, as well as our 4th talent tier (being Typhoon, Mass Entanglement and Mighty Bash) which can be nitpicked to fit the fight in question.
- While our mobility isn't always the best, we've got some great burst speed options, or potential wonky interactions with Wild Charge. (For example as a disengage on the Fetid knockback to stop you from flying into the wall)
- Rather short cooldowns on defensives allowing us to be surprisingly tanky when required with Barkskin + Bear form. And in a crisis or downtime on bosses, we can toss out a few heals to help out.

What addons do you use to enhance your performance?
Deadly Boss Mods, potentially weak auras if I or the guild find it necessary to do a mechanic properly, and a dps / healing meter. While it doesn't always provide perfect information, it can be a good thing to keep track of.

Where do you find the latest information in relation to your class?
The Dreamgrove discord and website primarily, while just talking with other druids if I end up befriending them.

What do you do outside of a raid to improve your character, play style and performance?
I do enjoy playing M+ when it doesn't involve pugs which helps with all of the above. I also do daily and weekly things (not everything, but for example the emissaries, assaults if I see them up, island, wartable) and I enjoy farming the more irrelevant things in the game. Although I like to try and play quite efficiently while doing those.

Do you ever change around talents depending on the encounter? If so please, give an example.
The easiest example for balance would be Force of Nature and Shooting Stars vs Fury of Elune and Warrior of Elune. Force of Nature and Shooting Stars are the better single target options, where Fury of Elune and Warrior of Elune are the more AoE centered ones. However, Shooting Stars vs Fury of Elune specifically aren't as straight forward as AoE and Single Target. Take Fetid or Vectis for example, while Fury of Elune does less single target damage, it offers a greater burst window which could be crucial for getting down the adds in time. Or Fury of Elune might just end up better with the damage windows of the boss.
I've also switched between the burst speed of Tiger Dash and the different effects of Wild Charge depending on the encounter, like on Fetid. And I've dumped both of them when mobility wasn't required in the first place, like on Vectis, instead taking Renewal for the additional free heal.

What is your offspec? How comfortable would you be if we asked you to raid as your offpsec?
My offspec is Restoration and I'm really comfortable in both of them. I've had to fill both dps and healing shoes before.

We raid Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to these times and days?
Yes, that won't be a problem.

Can you accept criticism? If not then do not apply, we frown upon shifting blame a lot more than people admitting to mistakes and improving on it.
Please, do point out things I could improve on. I tend to have a pretty critical mindset for myself in general but there's no way I can find everything myself.

Do you have a mic? Do you have a proper setup and internet connection to play the game competitively? (that is, at least 30 and ideally more fps in raids)
Yes, I have a headset with a working mic, a stable internet connection and, while I don't know the exact frame rates when I raid, they're definitely over 30. And if a raid for some reason has severe lag issues, I'd just turn down my graphics and getting smoother FPS rather than it looking top notch.

We all need the occasional raiding day off for various reasons, but we expect these reasons so to be fully disclosed at as early a time as possible to make planning an easier process. Have you any planned absences in the foreseeable future that we should know about?
None that I'm aware of or have planed for.

Do you have anything else to add?
Have a good day. <3

Last edited:

Menya

Predicts the future: Thera will never get Moon
Staff member
May 4, 2015
Accepted for trial!
Whisper any officer in game for invite, raids start again at January 6th.