[Accepted] Raider Application: Demon Hunter - Cx-Turalyon - Havoc (OS Tank)

Sep 21, 2018
Tell us about yourself:
I started my journey in WoW in 2009. I started raiding in MoP and soon became adept at tanking on multiple classes. In real life I have a large family (I find this has taught me how to keep a cool head in stressful times) haha I am also working on a career in acting whilst also making beer and finding other ways to pay the bills in between acting jobs.

Battle Tag: james#2895

Armoury link (or link wowprogress/raider.io): (log out in main spec gear and include any relevant alts)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/turalyon/Cx
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/doomhammer/oldmanflaps/pve

Warcraft Logs:
I have a lack of logs on my Demon Hunter, however I have a large amount of experience on two tanks in particular:
lolguard (BrM Monk):
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/M1DhRFdawQjgHvB2#fight=21&type=damage-done

Oldmanflaps (Prot Warr):
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/TyJ4Z1t9FfvjC6n2#fight=7&type=summary

Cx (Havoc, OS tank):
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/hc3A1XMbJdZzv8CN#fight=3&type=damage-done

As explained to Noyuki I don't currently have dps logs on my Demon Hunter. I do however have tanking logs which will hopefully give some idea of my ability.

Your UI in raid combat:
https://imgur.com/a/miNwrUl

Tank spec, but still the same kind of thing for havoc. Just with DPS abilities lol!

Why are you applying to MM? How did you hear about us? Do you know anyone here?
I have been on Doomhammer since the end of MoP. I have been active in two raiding guilds, Ex Cineribus and Friday Marines. I look to continue raiding having had a hiatus. MM I have known of for a long time. Their consistent performance and stable activity is promising, to me, as a good place for me to be.

Why are you leaving your current guild? If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning?
I left Friday Marines at the start of ToS with good notice. I had a work contract coming up which promised 6 months of work and lots of pay which really helped my irl situation at this time. I also became quite tired of raid leading and handed over responsibilities with 3 months notice. Since being under new management Friday Marines has moved to Silvermoon.

Raiding experience while current:
MoP:
Siege of Orgrimmar HC cleared.
WoD:
Highmaul: HC Clear
Blackrock Foundry: HC Clear 1 Mythic kill
HFC (When I joined Friday Marines): Cleared Mythic
Legion:
Emerald Nightmare: Cleared Mythic.
Trials of Valor: 2/3 Mythic
The Nighthold: 8/10 mythic.

What is your main spec? How long have you played this?
My Mainspec on my Demon Hunter is Havoc. I played M+ in legion switching mainly in to tank on Demon Hunter, however my main was Oldmanflaps and the farm ordered that I stayed on it to farm AP!
I have played Havoc for over a year, however have it as a committed main since the launch of BFA. I know every tank spec and have levelled and geared alts when neccessary for an upcoming progress boss. IE Death Knight for Xavius/Mannaroth in WoD.

What is your stat priority? Explain why.
Agility > Haste>=Vers > Crit > Mastery
Immolation Aura (Used when specing demonic talent) and blade dance are bother effected by haste. getting more of these out, especially as they're two of the main priority abilities after eye beam is great. Versatility is also good for these hard hitting abilities. Having followed multiple streamers, including Method Naowhxd, and other main players in the demon hunter community I understand that it is best for haste to be kept around the 20% mark whilst obtaining more versatility to put on top of it. However I often SIM my own demon hunter because each character is different.

Why should we bring your class/spec to a raid? What do you feel is the defining feature of your class/spec?
EYE BEAM !
However also the vast amount of utility, darkness raid cooldown and being able to move from one location to the other very fast. I am always more than happy to do these tasks in a raid environment and am reliable when performing them once I've seen it done once.

What addons do you use to enhance your performance?
Exorsus Raid tools is my personal favourite to better understand the raiding environment. The added boss mods especially for certain mythic bosses have proved exceptionally useful in raiding leading and performing in raid.
WEAK AURAS ! They're a life saver and I love them. I frequently play around with different ones for my class, however I do specifically like them for major mechanics during mythic progression.

Where do you find the latest information in relation to your class?
I often watch streamers, as I mentioned earlier particuarly Naowhxd from Method, and also read demonhunter reddit, wow forums and youtube personalities. I also discuss and pick the brains of more adept demonhunters or whichever class I'm playing and actively seek new places to read information and ways to better improve my play.

What do you do outside of a raid to improve your character, play style and performance?
I love pushing M+ keys. I usually tank in these however would love a reliable tank to take this spot to let me unleash some dps!
Do you ever change around talents depending on the encounter? If so please, give an example.
Situationally. For example netherwalk when soaking is always useful for unlimited damage intake for several seconds. I find that the current spec is great for both single target and multi-target situations. However I always adapt to changes in the class to better perform.
What is your offspec? How comfortable would you be if we asked you to raid as your offpsec?
Vengeance. Exceptionally comfortable. I have tanked for several years and never mind tanking for my comrades!
We raid Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to these times and days?
Yes these are all fine.
Can you accept criticism? If not then do not apply, we frown upon shifting blame a lot more than people admitting to mistakes and improving on it.
Yes if anything you can bring up will only better my performance. If in the very rare occasion it is something that I am unsure of I will only ask advice on how I can better performance or understand what it is I am supposed to be doing.
Do you have a mic? Do you have a proper setup and internet connection to play the game competitively? (that is, at least 30 and ideally more fps in raids)
Yes. Fibre broadband and 40ish-125 frames depending on how many adds spawn on top of me!

We all need the occasional raiding day off for various reasons, but we expect these reasons so to be fully disclosed at as early a time as possible to make planning an easier process. Have you any planned absences in the foreseeable future that we should know about?
My Grandfather recently passed so I am having a couple of weeks at his house to organise the house. However I will be working during the day and have the evenings available to raid etc. My current work days are fine for the foreseeable future.
Do you have anything else to add?
I have had a lot of leadership positions in my previous raid teams. Including Guild Master, raid leader & recruitment. Ex Cineribus and Friday Marines has been valuable learning curves for me and I wish to only delve deeper in to my experience of raiding in WoW.
Any questions please do ask me through BTAG or down below!

Reactions: smoggert

Galatea

Oct 28, 2005
Calling yourself OldMan is interesting.......

Sorry Officers, I'll try not to poke the applicants :p

OP
O
Sep 21, 2018
Haha been my RPG name for years before I played wow. no context given just thought this would be funny and look at me now.... prot warriors nerfed to the floor and Cx takes the reigns ;)

Awaké

It's pronounced AW-AH-KEY.
Oct 9, 2017
Oslo, Norway
This is an old Doomhammer guy. I remember him from Ex Cineribus when I was with em, seen "oldmanflaps" pass me plenty of times in Stormwind and Dalaran. Recently invited his DH to some Mythic farms late at night, and added him to Bnet.
A welcoming site to see you applying mate.

Reactions: MatDaemon

Piando

Traitor
Jun 17, 2014
I remember you from Friday Marines. Not that my vote counts anything but he's a cool dude with a soothing voice iirc.