ACCEPTED Raider application: Antucos – Shadowsong – Holy – Priest [XREALM TRIAL]

Antucos

Apr 6, 2018
Tell us about yourself:
26 Years old male working full time during days and spend the majority my free time playing wow (what else should I write here?). I've been around since vanilla back and forth. Currently looking for some mythic raiding to attend while I spend my non raid hours spamming mythic plus keys and farming those bloods for mats, please spare me on that farm.

Battle Tag: Exiless#2994

Armoury link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/shadowsong/antucos
950 DK tank 75 traits,
960 Bear/resto druid 75 traits in both.
955 hunter 75 traits in MM/BM

What traits are your weapons at? What legendaries have you obtained?
  • Holy - (79), All
  • Disc - (75), Chest, Ring (N'ero)
  • Shadow - (75), Belt, Bracers.

Warcraft Logs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/24489043

Your UI in raid combat: https://imgur.com/kyEdslA
I tend to keep moving stuff around to get as much as I need as possible with out filling my screen.

Why are you applying to MM? How did you hear about us? Do you know anyone here?
Been raiding casually during legion but it doesn't fit my play style. I keep motivate myself to get further and further into progression current content and decided to take up raiding for real which I cannot in the current state with a guild filled with some friends.

I got contacted by Smaj after she found my wowprogress page. I don't know anyone in the guild.

Why are you leaving your current guild? If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning?
Left SKF that was too casually for me and some other players that bounced to Divinity where I am now. SKF struggle with high command HC yet today, while I had to pug my way to curve in back in december. Current guild was just a members dead guild to bounce to, to get peace from those awful wipe fests.

Raiding experience while current:
Antorus 3/11m
TOS 9/9 HC
NH (got curve eventho i started playing the game mid nighthold release.
I wasn't in the game from TOV and below.

Wrath raiding, cleared heroic before nerf hammer came.
BC, full MH and half BT before my guild disbanded and I cried in peace for the rest of the exp.

What is your main spec? How long have you played this?
Holy since TOS release.

What is your stat priority? Explain why.
Raiding: Mastery, crit, haste, vers. Mastery for that free HOT around 50%+ pref, with some decent 20-30% crit and haste between 10-20% while vers stays around 5-10% but could be more.

Why should we bring your class/spec to a raid? What do you feel is the defining feature of your class/spec?
Holy priests have the awsome legendary ress cloak for progression which is very handy for reseting bosses with longer corpse runs. They got a pretty fine toolkit with insta ST and AOE heal for some low HP sniping. Obv. you would now all this already so I will leave it for now.

What addons do you use to enhance your performance?
While i love addons and have a bunch, these are the ones actually affecting raiding and are of importance:

• ElvUI+Shadow & Light as a fat startup, pretty much fixes everything I want for smooth gameplay.
  • Bartender for actionbars.
  • Details for meters.
  • Angry assignments, Exorsus raid tools, RClootcouncil and vocalRaidAssist for raid control
  • DBM + Bigwigs, yes i run both. Bigwigs (little) is way better for dungeons than DBM. And I just got stuck keeping both lol.
  • Ark inventory for proper bag sorting.
  • GTFO, low health alarm for that extra "staying alive" awareness
  • MikScrollingBattleText for those numbers, they are well hidden to the sides and I never look at these, played with combat text off during whole TOS and untill recently, Im fine clicking a ability and see the person goes up 2 full HP I know the base heal amount of my spells corresponding to the persons missing health anyway.
  • Vuhdo healing bars, works for me with my needs for raiding frames that is.
  • Quartz + Elvui Cast bars, for extra optimizing.
  • And for last, WeakAuras, the best addon out there, lets not compare what weakauras we got or not because that might take a while.

Where do you find the latest information in relation to your class?
Priest discord with all those tons of guides linked there.

What do you do outside of a raid to improve your character, play style and performance?
Pug raiding, preferable sniping groups with other priests to compare rotations, gear talents and asking around. Running mythic plus not only because its super fun, it keeps awareness and skills tuned, also gives some decent loot *cough* got a 985 cloak early into antorus in 15 nelth *cough*

Do you ever change around talents depending on the encounter? If so please, give an example.
Mostly from m+ to raids, not so much between boss to boss in a raid.

What is your offspec? How comfortable would you be if we asked you to raid as your offpsec?
Discipline and Shadow, Disc is purely for m+ and havent mastered it for raiding yet because I just havent spent time researching enough. Shadow is purely a quest specc for me.

We raid Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to these times and days?
I raided 4 times a week for 4 months straight in SKF with all those alt runs and such, I'm sure i can handle 3.

Can you accept criticism? If not then do not apply, we frown upon shifting blame a lot more than people admitting to mistakes and improving on it.
I am a dive instructor and know the importance of sharing thoughts and feedback in between people, in a way not harming people unnecessary. I'm pretty sustainable when people tell me if I do something wrong, usually I'm already aware, but if not I´m glad to get tips from other players.

Do you have a mic? Do you have a proper setup and internet connection to play the game competitively? (that is, at least 30 and ideally more fps in raids)
Been growing up with my mic playing games, and yes.

We all need the occasional raiding day off for various reasons, but we expect these reasons so to be fully disclosed at as early a time as possible to make planning an easier process. Have you any planned absences in the foreseeable future that we should know about?
7-14th April, some beach chilling in Cyprus.

Do you have anything else to add?
Pretty much covered what I needed with Noyuki and Smaj via B-Net, so that makes it a no. Tho, when it comes to possible trial I'd prefer doing it X-realm so i can keep sustain myself with whatever profs I need from the alts to have what I need in preparations for M+ and raids w/o leeching on others.

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Hey Antucos,

Thanks for your app! We'll got over it an get back to you soon. In the mean time, enjoy your holiday!

Kind regards,
Smaj

Menya

Predicts the future: Thera will never get Moon
Staff member
May 4, 2015
Accepted for a trial.
X-realm style one. Welcome!