ACCEPTED: Lithsin - Assassination Rogue

Lithsin

Lawyer IRL, Outlaw in-game
Nov 29, 2016
Hello!
My name is Adam, I am 21 years old and I am from Scotland. I am a trainee-solicitor (lawyer) by day and gamer by night. I have been playing World Of Warcraft on and off since wrath. I returned to the game in legion and have been playing 5 alts as a mostly casual raider. I have now reached the stage where I feel I have the skillset, drive and enthusiasm to progress in PvE content.

Information about me

Battletag: Lithoniel#21534

My main that i apply to the guild with: (Lithsin) (Assassination) ilevel 873.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Lithsin/simple

Alts for reference: (Lithhunt) (Marksmanship) ilevel866 http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Lithhunt/simple

(Lithoneil) (shadow/disc) ilvl864 http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Lithoneil/simple

My rogue character has become my primary focus. I have 17 artefact knowledge level (almost 18) and 29 traits in both sub and assassination. I only recently started raiding on this character having mostly focused on mythic keystones and pvp.

Raiding History

I have no significant raiding history to point to. To date, I have raided in legion and cleared heroic emerald nightmare on my priest, hunter and rogue, as well as normal ToV on my rogue. I have recently found myself now in a ‘start up’ guild which has not managed to recruit enough players to run progression, after the guild I was in disbanded its raiding team after four weeks, owing to poor attendance from tanks/healers. Prior to that, we were clearing heroic content with relative ease. I now find myself eager to keep pushing PvE content and become a better player. This, I hope, is where you come in!

In the template you mention raiding philosophy. I don’t know that I have the experience to have fully developed one. But one thing I would say is that there is nothing more exciting in this game to me than pushing for a kill, grinding down the percentages and problem-solving with your team to take it all the way. For this reason, grinding down and clearing Xavius the first time this expansion was the most fun I’ve had in WoW, and it’s the feeling that’s driven me to make this application.

UI: https://imgur.com/a/AHlqu
Details - Bigwigs - Littlewigs - Exorsus Raid Tool – WA – Angryassignments – ORA – Simulationcraft

Logs:
I have not really logged so far but logged a heroic ursoc for this application.
(Lithsin)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2hdz6PgcCBtr8ybG

Opener, Rotation & Spec

For exsanguinate spec,

I open (from stealth) garrotte, mutilate, rupture (to get bleeds ticking, expend energy and make my next rupture last as long as possible), vendetta (energy recovery & dmg buff), mutilate, mutilate, (possibly kings bane or another mutilate if really unlucky with crits), vanish, 6 combo points rupture, exsanguinate, kings bane.

Into rotation where primary focus is maintaining bleeds, doing 3 point envenoms to maintain elaborate planning, using cds at appropriate times, etc.

However as I understand this spec is getting significantly nerfed in 7.1.5, and as my gear gets better (more mastery whilst staying around 43/44% crit (50%+ mutilate crit chance from food/artefact points), agonizing poison pulls ahead on many encounters.

The opener I play with agonizing poison is:

Garrotte, rupture, multilate, vendetta, multilate, vanish, rupture, kingsbane, into rotation starting with envenom.

There are a lot of variations of this opener but this is the one I feel gives me the most consistent dps, rather than RNG if you don’t get enough combo points from some others.

As far as spec is concerned, at tier 1 Elaborate planning pulls ahead in sims and with my rotation I maintain the buff as much as possible with 3 point envenoms. Nightstalker is the only real choice in t2 because of the importance of rupture damage. Deeper stratagem for the same reason. Tier 4 I could go elusiveness or cheat death. Elusiveness is better as it’s a personal with no cool down. Thuggae is the only viable option as internal bleeding damage is bad, prey on the weak does not work. It helps with garrote up-time with adds. As discussed, tier 6 is encounter based. Where there are adds or a lot of movement, exsanguinate is better. At tier 7, only venom rush is the only viable in raids. Marked for death is possible in lower mythic plus content but venom rush plays smoother with the energy regen.

Why MM ?

I have known about MM through word of mouth and seeing you guys around on the server, and I know that your guild is teeming with good players. I feel like it is time for me to step up my game and improve myself. It is my belief that the only way to improve is to immerse yourself with better players, push harder content, and learn from that experience.

Simply, I thrive in a challenging environment, which MM can offer. Your approach to progress sounds innovative and exciting. I don’t want to be a copy-cat. I want to forge the way forward through progress with you guys.

Why me?

If you guys want a player that’s committed to getting better, that will attend at every raid, prepared, and with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, then I would be a good fit in your guild.

Beyond the raids, I’m enthusiastic about the game, play most evenings, and look for every opportunity to do group content.

In short, I know I’m not your seasoned hard-core player, but I have potential, and a drive to keep improving. If you give me a chance, you will not regret it.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my application. If there are any questions at all, or anything you would like me to elaborate on, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Adam

Dárkmx

Destroy or be destroyed !
Aug 26, 2015
thank you for your application Lithsin, we shall review your app with the other officers and respond to you asap

OP
L

Lithsin

Nov 29, 2016
That's great. If you guys need to speak to me about anything i am available in game this evening.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
lithiummineraal.jpg
purewave.JPG

OP
L

Lithsin

Nov 29, 2016
Hey guys. I wonder could you give me an indication of how long it may take for you to make a decision? No rush at all, would just be useful to know. Thanks.