[Accepted] Kovina arms warrior

phillw454

Dec 3, 2018
Tell us about yourself: Im phill 32 from bristol (feels like im on blind date for those of you old enough to remember it) Been playing wow since the launch of TBC, played most class's and specs over the years. Im applying as I want to push on my mythic exp. I know you melee class is closed but Im hoping Im one of the cases you will be interested in taking the player not the class, I have a resto druid around 365 with little exp in playing it well, but can link its logs (all from alt runs so take a big pinch of salt) I was DH last exp with mostly orange logs. Your raid start times will be a pinch for me on thursdays but I might be able to be on the start time, or just after (talking 10 mins either way)

I would prefer to play warr or DH but I will link armoury for the druid aswell.

Its basically at this point join MM or Xfer as I am ex requiem and not many ali guilds left here.

Battle Tag: Break#21881

Armoury link (or link wowprogress/raider.io): (log out in main spec gear and include any relevant alts)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/turalyon/Kovina

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/turalyon/Kaziena

Warcraft Logs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/turalyon/kovina#difficulty=4&bybracket=1

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/turalyon/kaziena

Your UI in raid combat: My second screen does not always watch hydra but yeah.
https://ibb.co/FXMdzCh
https://ibb.co/TYDBD40

Why are you applying to MM? How did you hear about us? Do you know anyone here? As said you are just about the only decent ali guild left, I like I dont see your members trolling much or causing shit. Ive seen your members around over the years and your are my only hope. (Do I get app points for a SW ref?)

Why are you leaving your current guild? If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning? Was raiding in team A which became Team Liquid in requiem, our main raid officers left as most of the team could not follow simple things and I guess they got frustrated (fairly so) and so the team is dying and I want to push on in mythic.

Raiding experience while current: Current is only 2/8 mythic with zek down to around 3%

What is your main spec? How long have you played this? Arms at the moment, its reasonably self explained the 35% execute dmg. I know fury is getting closer and perhaps next tier will be no 1 but I dont have the stats for it and it sims lesser

What is your stat priority? Explain why.
As arms mastery is broken atm but my stat prio is whatever sims higher with raider IO each week, that checked agaisnt whatever higher warriors are running is good enough as tbh we are not is a position yet to pick and choose gear, azerite parts prob, but gear right now is main stat over most untill later in the exp.

Why should we bring your class/spec to a raid? What do you feel is the defining feature of your class/spec? Well, battle shout, ofc, rallying, for a raid CD decent survival with D stance,mobility is ok ish with leap, good aoe if saved for it, and ofc the execute phase.

What addons do you use to enhance your performance? Elvui, Details too see what happened in the fight and why, weak aura's, recently switched to bigwigs from DBM.

Where do you find the latest information in relation to your class?
Icy veins to check the basic stuff, raider IO for the rest and again I see what other warriors are doing and why.

What do you do outside of a raid to improve your character, play style and performance?
Grind azerite, I am not a huge fan of M+ but I can still do them, check logs, fights etc.

Do you ever change around talents depending on the encounter? If so please, give an example.
Of course, swapping D stance for leap if needed but I have not found a fight as of yet where one is really benifical over the other, I prefer D stance and moving faster.

What is your offspec? How comfortable would you be if we asked you to raid as your offpsec?
I have a very very basic idea of prot and fury in terms of decent basic DPS and tanking but would not be wanting to use them on a progress encounter.

We raid Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to these times and days?
Yes, apart from the odd thursday where I might be 20 mins late but 95% of the time should be ok.

Can you accept criticism? If not then do not apply, we frown upon shifting blame a lot more than people admitting to mistakes and improving on it.
I accept constructive feedback, I am old enough to not want to listen to a 13 year old bleet at me. But if I mess up and know I did I am the first to call myself out and apologise for it. If I don't see it and someone says it without a bunch of F words then ofc I accept it and aim to learn, if we all played perfectly we'd be applying to method. I understand when I mess up the majority of the time and admit my faults.

Do you have a mic? Do you have a proper setup and internet connection to play the game competitively? (that is, at least 30 and ideally more fps in raids)
Yes have a mic and use it usually over 60 fps during most encounters.

We all need the occasional raiding day off for various reasons, but we expect these reasons so to be fully disclosed at as early a time as possible to make planning an easier process. Have you any planned absences in the foreseeable future that we should know about?
Not that I can tell.

Do you have anything else to add?

As stated I know you are full on melee and my app far from perfect but I am not some goon who dies, and wont speak up or learn from it. I have a family and work so ofc that is my priority, but raid times apart from mentioned should be ok, I am happy to take a semi back seat if needed and step in as and when. But yeah, I consider myself a good player who knows their class half well and can learn most others reasonably fast if given a chance.

So yeah peace all, and regardless GL with the next tier.

Reactions: Seely

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Thanks for the app, we'll get back to you as soon as we talked it over.

Surprise Surpriiiiiise, The unexpected hits you between the eyeees!

Have you been drinking again?

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Accepted.
Poke either Damn Witch, Aneyza or Tyvi for an invite please.

OP
P

phillw454

Dec 3, 2018
Thanks for that, ill get online and poke someone asap, I had to be an adult and look after the little one tonight so wasn't super avaliable, but yeah cool. And glad to see Seely didn't manage to put you off me :p

OP
P

phillw454

Dec 3, 2018
Hello, apologies for not being in touch, over the weekend a friend of mine ended up in hospital and that has kept me a bit busy IRL so have not really been on much. I spoke to Seely a bit earlier, and with that, the holidays and the fact you're full on melee, I'm prob going to go casual until the new year. If you accept socials, or back ups etc, I am still happy to sign up in guild and if you end up short of a full 20 one evening and I'm online I'll stick my head in. If that is not an option or you don't take socials then no worries and again best of luck with the up coming raid tier. Sorry for the late response.