A decent substitute to Norton?

R

Raz

Is there a decent substitute for Norton Internet security?

Seems like it takes a lot of resources on my comp, and would like something easier and more easily maintained, i know there where some discussion on the topic, but cant remember the suggested solution!

Raz

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
I moved this to Offtopic. Now if someone would tell me how to merge topics, I'd be really happy :)

OP
G

Alternatives

Yo Raz,

as firewall (to keep unwanted people from forcing their way into your computer directly), Kerio Personal Firewall is a good one. Free for personal use.

To find and remove spyware, Ad-Aware is a good piece of software. This is mostly to remove the crap that is installed automatically if you visit certain dodgy sites.

Hope this helps a bit. You need quite a lot of software to keep your computer safe from evil nowadays :(

OP
P

Punchy

I use zonealarm for firewalling. Doesn't hog resources but then I run a semi-decent rig (1Gb RAM) it lets me play WoW without problems....

OP
P

Punchy

Ayu said:
I have 1 gig too but I still hate IF

video card RAM? Thats a lot of textures that need rendering, all those funky epics!

I run a 256MB GeForce 6800 GT and still struggle sometimes :D

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
punchy said:
Ayu said:
I have 1 gig too but I still hate IF

video card RAM? Thats a lot of textures that need rendering, all those funky epics!

I run a 256MB GeForce 6800 GT and still struggle sometimes :D

Wait, we were talking about video card ram? :oops: I have 256 and 1gig "normal" RAM